View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
Strictly speaking, because you now have a bass voice, the staccato dots should go on top, not below the note - i.e. above the top of the stem. (I mentioned this in a previous post.)

Having listened to the original, it's only the top B (melody) note that's staccato anyway (not the octave below).
It definitely sounds like both notes in that chord are staccato. He plays it the same way in the intro too. You can really hear it in the intro.

Quote:
The actual timing is more like I showed in post #3. That last A note falls right on the last 8th of the bar, not a 16th before it. So although itneeds a staccato dot, it doesn't need an extending dot.

If you do want the extending dot it goes to the side, level with the top of the notehead to as to avoid the ledger line.
If I wrote it like below, is the 3 and accompanying lines absolutely necessary? Would it still be correct if I omitted them to save space?

Otherwise, I should just write it this way WITH the dotted note (not staccato on the last note)?

Quote:
The slurs are good.
Would it still be correct if I put the slurs under the notes? This too would save space. But I wouldn't want to do it if it's incorrect.

Quote:
I don't think so. IMO the shortening is insignificant.
Great! That saves me from obsessing about it.

Quote:
The only other thing I'd suggest is you level off the slopes of the beams a little. They're too extreme at the moment. Check the print versions shown elsewhere.
I thought they were a little much. I'm about to write up another now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
NO reader i know could sight read the rhythms you guys are throwing around -- not without a lot of stopping, head scratching, addition and subtraction...

Just write it as an ornament!
Should I just leave it alone? I feel like maybe I should have just written it like JonPR suggested, with the dotted note at the end.