View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile640 View Post
I tried one with a cocobolo veneer. I found the trebles to be full and warm and easy to bring out over other voices, but I do use tiptonics for my "nails" and have spent 37+ years of developing good right hand tone production from my classical guitar studies. The X30 had lights on it I believe but I'm not sure what strings they were. The bass sounded great of course as did the mids. Are you playing with a pick? I've read that Emeralds respond better to a lighter pick, but that is of course other peoples' opinion.
Thank you for your reply. I must have become deaf in my old age, or maybe I should just give Emerald one more chance. I do play with picks, even if the music is kind of fingerstyle style. Sometimes I use my fingers as well, but I have short nails... I never use thin picks, but my assumption was that the treble would become full when I tried with fingers as well, but it wasn't. I am pretty sure I got a bad X30 for whatever reason—dead strings, consistency ..., overbuild, etc.—and I sold it instantly, so I can't do experiments. It also bothered me, as it was way too quiet for my taste. If I try one more time, I will choose the veneer version and see what happens. There was no sensational experience in the sound, even after playing with some lower alternate tunings, so I am not sure what to think about X30. Thanks

Last edited by koa&cedar; 02-15-2024 at 02:01 PM.