View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:48 PM

I just thought I'd chime in on this, since I have recently acquired a second ZxA1. I got this at an even better price than the first, both reasonably lower than I've even been able to find B-stock K8s. If you're interested in the details, PM me.

I can say this - I've tried the ZxA1s in 2 configurations - just the 2 of them, and the 2 of them with my Bose L1 Compact between them, and they sound great, to my ear, in both circumstances at low to reasonably high (as high as I would care to go) volumes.

I would be perfectly happy with just the EVs, but I love the sound of the three of them together, and that's what I bought them for...gigs where the compact alone isn't enough.

I'm currently going through an A&H Zed 12 FX board using a Shure Beta 87a and a Shure Beta 58 microphone, and I don't find the vocals harsh at all, and I'm EQ'ing them flat. The guitar sounds nice and full.

Again, I have never even seen a K8 in person, so I can't comment on the comparison, but I find that, for the price I paid, the ZxA1s are a great value. I'm completely set, and everything is nice and light.

The one thing I wish I didn't do is buy the $80 bag for the first ZxA1 I bought, because I really don't want to buy another, and I'm thinking the best thing to keep them is cheap rolling suitcase from Wal-mart with some padding between.