View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 PM

Boy's, I've been there and done that. 4 times and still not cured. I've had my ring and middle finger on both hand done - all at different times - and now I'm beginning to get it back in the middle finger of my right hand. I still play - rythem guitar - and don't have too much of a problem, although I cannot span too far between my index finger and pinkie. When I wake up in the mornings my hands feel like they are swollen and they hurt. Don't know which is better - drinking that 1st cup of coffee or just holding that hot mug in my hands. And for the one who have not been through this let me tell you that those cortizone shots hurts way more than the surgury. They take a needle and go in between your fingers down into the palm. That shot will make you ruin a pair of drawers real quick. But the surgury will help with your fingers "locking" into a curled position and is relative simple.

As explained to me by my doctor the root of triger finger is;
Think of the knuckles in your fingers as a pully. Think of the tendons as ropes. As most people work (mechanics, construction, laborers, ect) we tend to abuse our hands. When a tendon gets bruised it can develope a bulge on it. As you close your fingers the bulge will pass through the knuckle but will not pass back through to open back up. Not really painful - unless you let it go too long. and surgury is the only "fix". Those cortizone shots are only temporary - kinda like shooting a little grease on a bearing.

If my right hand keeps on like it is I will probally be having another surgury, myself.

Nela