View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Pedal Order Advice needed

I think my pedals are in a pretty good order but I'd love to hear any thoughts or suggestions. I don't have many but the ones I do definitely get affected by the order.

My main question is do I put my Xotic AC Booster as my first pedal or leave where it is?

Right now, this is my chain: Guitar into Wah > Q-Tron envelope filter > Xotic AC Booster > Boss Distortion/OD > DOD Phaser > Ernie B Volume Pedal > Boss delay (If I choose to use it, if not my Volume pedal goes straight to my amp.)

I have it this way because of the amount of people who say to put all of the boosts and OD after the Wah and Envelope Filter. I just didn't know if it'd be better to boost my signal right out of the gate and send to everything like that or leave as is.

I mainly play my PRS Custom 22 with Lollar single coils for humbuckers into my Fender Bassman.

I almost always have my AC booster on because I play clean a lot and it not only adds a little beef but it cuts down on the ear piercing total clean that the Bassman likes to put out. (although after 30 years of playing electric guitar I'm now working my tone knob a lot. I went 30 years with it on full tilt-had no idea what I was missing)

With my set up I basically have 3 sounds to choose from then go to wherever from each one
1- Bassman totally clean (which is super duper clean)
2-AC Boost (still pretty clean with just a little boost)
3-Boss OD/Distortion (typical OD)

Thanks!