View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Default Going to the next level in my classical/fingerstyle playing. Suggestions?

So I've finally learned the first half or so of "Romanza" and currently developing speed...(I may be going TOO fast) Lol I even wore a blister on the ring finger of my right hand from playing it too much on my classical guitar. In order to prevent it I've decided to grow the nails on my right hand slightly longer than the left, and praying my mom/grandma won't notice. Lawl. Because I've used metal Banjo fingerpicks before and they DO NOT work for me. I've had pretty good results from using very narrow strips of duck tape on my fingers before. But I bought some Alaskapik fingerpics, you know 'Over the finger and under the nail' and I'm horribly afraid they'll be to big, and I won't be able to use them. (Lol I was so afraid they'd be too big I had to buy a different type of plastic pick for my pinky) But anyways, I'm also considering an upgrade from my 50$ Valencia.... I'm in the 200 dollar range here TBH. Any certain guitars (Classical) you'd recommend? I saw a nice one at my local music store, dark-ish natural finish, (Not gloss) there was some green in the rosette, and I can't remember what brand it was, but it was lovely. Gonna have to try to play it next time I go.

So I conclude this thread with an apology for my huge wall of text. Thank you.