Thread: The Best Capo
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Default Shubb F3

I know there's been a lot of buzz around the G7th Heritage & it looks like a very good capo, but I personally have come to like the Shubb Fine Tune very much. Full disclosure I've been a Shubb user for decades & have many original & (recent) deluxe models in my capo *collection*.

I recently treated myself to the F3 as all my guitars have 1 3/4" nuts.

[IMG][/IMG]

As you might imagine, its a nicely crafted piece that feels solid & substantial in your hand. This capo is not cheap & feels more like a piece of fine jewelry than the guitar accessory it is. That said, the quality matches my new Custom Shop 00-18 quite well. :-)

[IMG][/IMG]

It is very smooth going on or off & I have really come to appreciate the numbers on the tightening knob. It helps to efficiently bring the capo to tension as I move it up & down the neck & also gives me a starting point moving from guitar to guitar.

[IMG][/IMG]

I did some quick "testing" & have found this type of capo seems to keep the strings pretty close to tune across the board, E to E.

I like this capo a lot! Unfortunately, it will remain on the home-based music stand as I really don't want to lose such a costly accessory.

Bottom line? Its exactly what you should expect from Shubb, a quality crafted, precision built, gorgeous capo that works exactly as intended.

Take care,

Frank

Last edited by fwphoto; 04-08-2018 at 01:39 PM.