View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 AM

I'm the electric guy that bought an acoustic.

I started playing at age 12. Learned on acoustic, but never fell in love with guitar until I got my first Strat. The next 15 years would be spent focusing on gear, amps, pedals, and electric guitars. Played in some Southern Gospel groups, and even some modern praise bands, and always played electric.

I got bored with electric guitar around age 29. Took a year off and bought a Taylor 814ce on a whim at 30. I haven't looked back to electric yet, and it's been almost 2 years. I honestly have very little desire to go back to electric.

Honestly, if you have $1000 laying around to build a "rig", it could really open doors for creativity and make playing guitar fresh again. But then, there is the "rig" word. The amps, the pedals, the cables....it all adds up, and to me it becomes a burden. You build a rig around blues, so what happens when you want to play rock (or metal in my case)? There is a part of me that wishes I could just buy a Blues Jr and be happy, but I have such a broad interest in music that I need something like a modeling rig to hit all of my palettes.

The simplicity and intimacy of acoustic guitar has me hooked.