View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes View Post
Thanks so much for the reply!

I am using Pro Tools.

I have direct hardware (NUX Optima Air, Two Notes Opus)...but I am curious to be able to just use software in some instances.

From a recording quality perspective; I absolutely agree it wouldn't replace the use of mics...my use case is more in a writing studio, whereby I'd like to setup quickly (and in that context, IRs would be an improvement over direct pickups). There's also the "because I can" factor

What IR loader for Pro Tools have you used? Any that are better for acoustic than others?
I use Pro Tools but always record with a mic so I can't suggest any IR loader
That said if this just for writing in the studio. Why not just make a writing template with perhaps a combination of a delay plugin and reverb and just go DI in to your interface? I realize that it may still have that pickup sound but a delay and reverb can go a long way to taming the pickup (and maybe an EQ cut centered in any residual quack) and since it's for writing purposed it may not matter all that much ?
I routinely use Pro Tools Tape Delay and my Bricasti reverb in my sessions even with mic's

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4