View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD - Enya X3 Mini

After the positive feedback here I thought I'd like to check one of these out. On sale for $271. helped too. In the past I had ordered and returned one of the Enya Go guitars, it was a major disappointment, I thought it bordered on being a toy. So I didn't have much hope for the X3 Mini, but I was wrong. I've only had it for a day, so here is what I've noticed so far. I think the finish on the top is attractive, well done ! The effects are fun at times, but I tire of them pretty quickly. I haven't done anything with the app yet. The pleasant surprise for me was how good it sounds purely acoustic. The notes are pure and solid...no plastic like tones at all. A small manual explaining the effects and charging procedures would have been nice to include and the action is a bit too high. Stuff that is easily corrected, so no big deal. For a go anywhere, and fairly tough guitar, it seems to me to be hard to beat. At one time I had a McPherson touring that I liked a lot, but found it hard to justify the price for what I was rarely using it for. I've missed it, so hopefully this will fill in for that a bit. THe Enya is NOT at the level and quality of the Mcpherson, but I think it will work for me.