View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwallace1966 View Post
Hi, all.

I recently bought a cedar Cordoba C9 classical guitar. Loving it so far, but the action is a little high beyond the seventh fret or so, not too surprisingly.

I have been reading on how to deal with that. One option of course is to have my local luthier do it, which of course I could do. Another option is to do it myself, which it seems just entails lowering the saddle by sanding it down at the base. Doesn't seem like rocket science, although of course I know I would have to take it slowly and carefully.

Taking the advice that I have seen here and elsewhere, what I would want to do in that latter scenario is set aside the original saddle (so that I always have one that works well), obtain a couple more, and then sand one of THOSE down.

Question : Do I need to acquire Cordoba C9-specific saddles for this, or can I just go to (say) Stewmac, buy a few more saddles (or blanks, I guess), and go from there?

Thanks!

Mark
Sounds like you have a good idea on going about it.
As Carey said, bone saddles are available for the purpose.
I bought one from this classical oriented vendor, and I can recommend them. Also, it looks like they now offer a kit for the purpose:
Rosette Bone Saddle Installation Kit

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann