View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 01:36 PM

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (n.b. to those under 40, a record is a spinning vinyl platter with the music etched into grooves that is reproduced by a stylus transmitting the music to an amplifier/speaker combination. If one were to scratch a record... well, there goes the music!) since I've mentioned this in a couple of other threads, but "keeping it under $2K" leads me to suggest at least some cursory research into the new, reborn Harmony.

Their electrics are made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, but as a foot in the water of bringing back their classic hollowbody and semi-hollowbody sounds, they have released the terrifically affordable H-62 Reissue. It's made in Korea, so political considerations don't enter into the mix, and many offshore makers are now made as well (or better) than domestics. I'm sorry, but that's just a true statement.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these. Looks gorgeous, classic, yet is modern in material and technology. $849 MAP.

(The H-76 Reissue is also worth a second look, and has a MAP of only $699).

You'd have money left over to look into an amp that would go well with either. Oh, Harmony makes amps, too. By the way, I have no interest in or affiliation with Harmony.