View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 05:51 AM
Charter Member

Default Practical things your mom or dad taught you

Here's one, from my mother...

Anytime you leave your chair and go to another room (usually the kitchen), take AT LEAST one extra thing beyond what you are already taking that also needs to be returned there. I find myself doing this as a matter of habit, I def learned it well 'cause it makes so much sense! Don't 'waste' a trip! Could be something as simple as a peppermint wrapper or drinking cup from hours ago. I often have three or four things in my hands. Mom taught efficiency!

From Dad...

I was a dedicated high school football quarterback and he was a great player, played in college and one time he said, "Son, anytime you get sacked, jump up faster than the guy who tackled you, show him you're not the least bit bothered or hurt." I knew exactly what he was talking about from one of the previous night's game sacks and I did explain to him what I was feeling. I did recall getting up a bit slowly after a sack because I was tired of being sacked, lol, my line wasn't blocking, I felt, and I was getting killed and it was thwarting our offensive efforts and I was peeved at them. I wasn't the least bit injured. He told me to jump up fast and tell that to my linemen in the huddle, lol, but don't dare let the sacker think you're dragging.