View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Default Zoom R4. Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Glad to hear that. They are lots of fun. Just curious, what background in recording are you coming from? Having used other (older) MTRs, I found the lay of this land incredibly intuitive and easy. I read the users manual only as an afterthought....well, the file organization chapter was helpful. But really, this is an unbox and play device. (with my Helix effects, I brewed a pot of coffee and put on my reading jacket as if I was cramming for a P-chem exam!)

I tracked and mixed a few projects using Logic for bands I played in but that was 10 or more years ago. I used some other multi-track machines prior to that.

I agree the R4 is intuitive and you almost don’t need a manual. It actually reminds me of the Boss BR-8 I had years ago (an early digital multitrack that recorded in 24-bit onto Zip disks) more so than the old Fostex and Tascam cassette 4-tracks, but there’s some similarity to those cassette machines as well. The sound quality of the R4 is on a different level though, which is great. I referred to the manual a few times but for the most part the operations are fairly obvious. Yes, I really like the simplicity of this device.