View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 06:58 AM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
I suspect that you, like many here who are retired, have multiple interests and activities and planned accordingly before retirement.

I found after about a year of retirement (it was actually Mrs. Slot who pointed it out) that I missed people contact beyond friends (many of whom were still working) and family.
I'm not sure what will come in regards to social engagement. I've always cherished my solitude because my work was "one on one" with a different person every hour - kind of a social chameleon if you will. There was a time when I enjoyed it, but in the past decade it had become more of a grind as more and more it seemed my clientele wanted me to be their therapist as well.

I think I'll easily find the right balance of social and solitude THROUGH my activities. I have my golf buddies M-F, for the first time in 30 years I'll be joining a fitness center, and cycling friends, music buddies, etc. I'm also planning to travel and visit old friends, and get back into my mountain vacations.

Going forward I just know that I want to be responsible for as little as possible - and that includes material things. The coming months are going to bring a huge selling off of things that I don't absolutely need.