View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

I switched a few years ago to On Song after a few years with Guitar Tapp Pro, which has since been discontinued. I bought a one time lifetime subscription for $100 a couple years ago. It’s got way more power than I need - its emphasis is for worship teams and I’m not a worshipper or a team member, so there’s a lot of stuff I don’t use. But I’ve never wanted to do anything with it that I couldn’t figure out how to do easily. Last I checked I had about 300 songs on it, about 100 of which I’m fairly proficient with, 100 of which I’m sort of working on, and 100 “maybe someday” tunes. I can organize stuff anyway I want, turn pages with a Bluetooth foot pedal (scrolling has always been an unmanageable PIA for me), I can draw notes and page turn cues and solo breaks on the songs. In short, it works insanely well for me, I hope I never have to switch to anything else. Once I have a workflow that’s second nature to me, I hate to change it unless there’s a REALLY compelling reason to - the last time it was Guitar Tapp Pro was going away. I switched to On Song because it seemed well enough established that I didn’t think that was likely to happen to it. I hope I was right…

-Ray