View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Thanks for the review Steve.

I wonder if Enya has any plans to make a "deluxe" version with their AcousticPlus pickup system.

So this mini is the same size as the Outdoor guitar. The main difference is that the Outdoor guitar is a nylon string.

My Outdoor guitar (or rather guitalele as it used to be called) came with very light nylon strings tuned up to A.
Would it be possible to tune the Nova Go Mini higher? Perhaps even up to A with a light gauge steel string set?
If sales of the Mini are good I could well imagine an electric version, but you would have to sort out the string issue for it to ever sound good.

I was thinking the same thing about the Outdoor guitar similarity. At just $80 (on sale) it would be fun to keep the Mini and try putting nylon strings on it and making it into a six string baritone uke. BUT, the frets as delivered are pretty rough, so before doing that I would certainly recommend polishing them or you would wear right through any nylon or fluorocarbon strings. Tuning it A to A with nylon or fluorcarbon strings might be tough at that scale length. What strings and gauges did the Outdoor guitar use at A to A?

Tuning it up to A with steel strings as with the old Papoose guitar is another option. I used to own a Papoose, with its 19.1" scale tuned A to A (loved the guitar, but hated the 1.875" nut). It would take 12s, but I found it best with 10s. I would think 10s tuned A to A would be safe to try on the Mini, but I'd want to do a string tension calculation to see how much that would be. The Mini feels very sturdy, but it could be they designed it to only handle the stress of 12s in regular tuning.