View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 12:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Oska Burman Guitars | Baritone twins - Carpathian/Black Walnut & Sitka/Rosewood

Hi fellow AGF'ers. Hope everyone is well.

These are the latest two guitars to have exited my studio workshop - a pair of Acoustic Baritones.

They are the same model/specs as each other, but made from different top, back & sides woods. One has a Carpathian Spruce top with American Black Walnut back & sides and the other has a Sitka Spruce top with Indian Rosewood back & sides. They both have laminated sides, with mahogany on the insides. The rosettes are made from Spalted Maple. They are bound in Indian Rosewood & Bloodwood respectively. The scale length is 720mm (28.3") with a nut width of 45mm (1.77") & they are strung up with 16 - 70 gauge strings.

I had the absolute pleasure of having the extremely talented, multi award winning folk/trad guitarist Jenn Butterworth www.jennbutterworth.co.uk take both of my acoustic baritones for a spin, to give you all an idea of what they sound like.

There are three videos here. The first is the demo of the Carpathian Spruce/American Black Walnut model, the second video is the demo of the Sitka/Indian Rosewood model & the last video is her introduction to both of the guitars giving her thoughts/comparisons.

Sounds best if you've got a nice pair of headphones or good quality speakers to play them through.

Cheers,

Oska.

Facebook
Instagram

Last edited by Oska Burman; 08-29-2022 at 11:57 AM.