View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I do think there's a bit of difference between the sound many of us want for solo guitar (the original topic of this thread) as well as techniques to some extent, compared to larger full band mixes, where a lot of this discussion has ended up. Terms like "2-bus" and ideas like adding compression to each track before the mix are a little less meaningful when your entire "mix" is one track, and some of these "color" effects work against the more pure sound many of us are looking for with fingerstyle solo guitar - which can be more like a classical recording (tho highly variable and subject to style and taste).
This is of course the crux of matter . What exactly someone is doing (solo or multi track ) And the sound someone is after .

And to clarify a bit further as to terminology the reason I always use a 2-Bus (which I label 2 Mix)
And why I would even for a solo guitar session is because in Pro Tools an "Aux Track" ( 2 -Bus) track all the plugins are pre fader in the signal flow . Where the Master Fader track ( default main stereo output bus) the plugins are post fader

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4