View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
It's a beauty, Wasper. I've read nothing about positive things about all of the SE signature guitars, regardless of whether you know how the guitarist is or not. That includes your Akesson, Tremonti, Allender, etc. Just great, all around guitars.

Did you buy the guitar because of Akesson or just because you liked the guitar? I'll admit I don't think I've ever heard Opeth before.
Never heard of Opeth in my life. Went out looking for my first electric guitar and messed around with a lot of different brands/types.

This one had the fat/wide neck with jumbo frets , extra deep cutaway, adjustable bridge, darker bird inlays and it was very light considering it was an extra thick body. I also liked the silver knobs and overall look.. in some lighting it looks black, in other light you can see the dark brown maple top (like shown above in the camera flash).

Truthfully, I was handling a lot of guitars that day and once that one was in my hands, I never put it down. The salesman was walking me through the store showing me more guitars and I was clutching that SE in the picture... he turned to me and asked if he needed to show any more guitars and I said "nope, this is the one'.

Here is a picture of the bird inlay colors between my electric and my PRS acoustic I used to own (SE Angelus Custom spruce/rosewood). The acoustic had the normal bird inlay color, where the SE Akesson has a darker green color that also almost turns black in some lighting. Nice touch in my opinion (you can also see how much bigger the jumbo frets are on the electric).

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian

Last edited by Wasper; 12-18-2016 at 09:18 AM.