View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 PM

What,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no beer fridge?

That's a great project ClintJ. I've been working on a similar project myself, for my retirement years. A fully equipped music-room, where we (visiting musicians) can have impromptu jams at the drop of a hat. All the musicians need, is to bring themselves, because the gear's all here. Guitars, basses, amps, full PA with sub-woofers and LED stage-lighting, 6-piece acoustic drum-kit, Latin-percussion station, and keyboard. We get as many as a dozen people playing, and have a ball doing it. We haven't gotten into any serious recording yet, but the gear for that is already in place. The tough part is, getting everyone on the same page, when deciding what we're going to play or record.

Some may think that full LED stage-lighting is overkill, but you'd be surprised at the impact it has on room-atmosphere. When the house lights go down, and the stage-lights come up, the joint is really rockin'. You'd swear you're doing a club gig. Volume is at club-level, but we've never had a single complaint from neighbors. In fact, we even get cars passing by, who'll come and park in front of the house, to watch us play through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

Enjoy your project;;; you're off to a great start.

Last edited by Bobby1note; 03-14-2014 at 12:09 AM.