View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 AM

Default Price Point

I was able to buy my Taylor solid Body new for under 1K. I've seen lots of new ones going for under 1K over the last 6 months or so. That's a bargin for these guitars.

I am truly impressed by the engineering and thought that went into these guitars. The loaded pickgards made it pure genius. I don't own a guitar, PRS, Fender, or Gibson with a more playable neck. The Bridge is simplicity itself! the quality of the wood - pure Taylor. I love just looking at the grain on the back of the neck of this guitar.

That's why we won't see them back. They were already better than good and worth every cent. I don't see where the improvements could possibly take place.

I had an '07 and there were a couple of issues which were subsequently improved upon. The high E string could come off the edge of the fret board. I heard this was corrected by a slight change of the neck. Sometimes the ball ends old strings could get caught in the bridge. I don't know if that was taken care of.

It doesn't really matter. I believe a truly viable alternative to the big three was right before our eyes and somehow the message didn't get out. I'm sure theirs plenty of blame to go around. I wish the guitars were still available and I wish they had told us they were being discontinued so we could have bought the loaded pickgards we may have wanted.