View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM

Default Logic Pro 10 vs. Pro Tools?

Sort of a general question here.. I am minoring in audio and media production at school, and we have a full-fledged recording studio on campus where we have class. Our professor is (apparently) very well known and has toured with Dave Matthews Band in the past as the front of house Sound Engineer, so I don't really question anything that he teaches us. Our studio has some very nice equipment - Genelec 1031A's main monitors, Genelec 7070A LFE, Genelec 2029's for surround, three Metric Halo ULN8's, Soundfield Mk-V B-format processor/SP451, Sony DMX100, some other stuff along with a few very nice microphones. Our main project this semester was to take a B-format recording, process it into stereo and surround being careful to check correlation, discreet routing, etc. and then create a DVD from it with interactive menus etc.

My question is that for the past two years everything we have been learning has been in Logic Pro 10, and I have heard that this is hardly ever used in the field, and Protools is mostly used. Is this correct that Logic is barely ever used in professional settings?
early 1930's A-Type mandolin (restored)

Sold:
'07 PRS SE Singlecut
'14 Eastman AC720