View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM

This guitar is fantastic not only because of the sound and price. But, orange warm look, materilas, colors, feel, short scale and thicker neck - all that made this guitar relly unique in this price range.
You can find hundreds of spruce/laminat guitars with normal body and they can be really good but there is just one S6 - in that price range. It looks like it is smaller, so you can play it more easily, but in fact it is not - it is real dreadnought guitar body with that dreadnought strong sound. It is for sure one of the best offers ever in the little seriously made guitars.
It don't have strong basses like some expensive guitars but whole impression is very warm sound. I use mine with Elxir PB nano medim-light strings (12-56). I think thicker basses with thiner trebles combination are ideal for this guitar.
Cedar is used on classical guitars and this guitar reminds me on sound of classical guitars much more than any spruce guitar. It is good for playing with fingers because sound type and neck. But I like it with chords also because bluesy, strong and warm sound.