View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhoelefp69 View Post
still lookin' for replies to the OP's question about drop in replacement's for the ES... think we could start a bullet list of what's available ? the only one I've determind is a 'near' drop in replacement is the Mi-Si Align, allowing use of the existing pre-drilled holes for volume bass and tone... what about the end pin casing for 2xaa and 9v ES systems ? wouldn't the casing have to be removed, and something else retrofitted in, to allow a standard 1/4" endpin jack to be installed ? think I remember reading about someone who made custom end pin casings for this situation - in different wood types/stains... thoughts?

Drop In Replacements (or, near drop in)
- MiSi Align
- ?
- ?
I couldn't really find a direct drop in replacement other than the Mi-Si, so I went with and LR Baggs Anthem system. I still have the three ES knobs on my guitar which now do nothing, but the Anthem installs pretty comfortably inside the guitar without drilling any new holes (other than for the UST). My guitar guy removed the ES endpin jack and just replaced it with the Baggs unit. Pretty clean externally and sounds great. And if I ever want to go back to the ES, it's just a couple step process of putting back the endpin jack removing the Anthem preamp (which is just held in with Velcro anyway.

It's at the shop now but I'll post pics when it comes back if anyone is interested.
Fender John Mayer Sig Strat
G&L ASAT Classic
G&L Legacy - Custom Build with (3)Virtual Vintage SC w/EMG mid-boost system
Two-Rock Studio Pro 100