View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM

The dot studio has no pick guard, so thats a no no im afraid "/

Yes as far as i can see the ghost bridge will be identical to a normal tune-o-matic, and you can get them in varying post lengths so the options are pretty flexible. From what i can gather each wire exits seperately from its saddle out the bottom of the bridge, although like you say with some crafty wire managment i'd probably be able to bunch them together.

Yea i cant say im surprised with the work rates, the access does look rediculous. I do know a qualified tech so i think i may be going to him for some help lol, im in the lucky position of being family friends so we quite often owe each other favours.

I know the epiphone isnt the ideal choice to install such a high end system in, but its going to be my test subject in a way, as i plan to be a guitar and audio tech in the future myself i like to learn as much as i can now, with the expert help obviously. If i ever were to sell it i'd strip it of the ghost system and just fill the additional holes with an extra volume and tone pot like in the standard dot, and most likey use the ghost system in something else (thats a tad easier to install it in i think).
Thanks for your advice anyway, its nice to hear it from someone who's worked on archtops before and i have a much clearer plan of what im gonna do now