View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
take that "not a true classical sound" with a grain of salt.
don't take it with a grain of salt... but do take it for what it is. The Taylors don't sound or play like a "true classical," but that can be either a good or a bad thing depending on your criteria. I've owned 3 or 4 nylon string guitars, all but one with a traditional classical neck. I loved the sound but couldn't get used to playing the classical neck so they went bye bye. The other, my current - a Kenny Hill Fingerstyle - has a crossover neck - 1 7/8 wide with slight radius like the Taylor. It doesn't play like a classical, but I don't want it too. The same is true about the sound. The Taylor is not a traditional classical sound. If that is what you are looking for, look elsewhere, probably at one of the classical companies that also build a crossover as it will be closer to a "true classical sound." If, on the other hand, you're looking for a nylon string with a slightly different, more modern flavor, then you wouldn't be happy with "the true classical sound" and may be thrilled with a Taylor.
that's me on guitar