View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Default Call Greg At Pendulum - Ask Your Question

Aloha City/Country,

Regarding your question about FX I/O's: PLEASE CALL Greg Gualtieri at Pendulum (908)665-9333. Or email your question to him at [email protected]. BUT YOU SHOULD CALL HIM FIRST! It doesn't matter if you're buying directly from him or how much you know. You'll be glad you did.

Greg is a great guy AND.... amazingly, you'll actually be speaking to the designer of the SPS-1. Greg is about the most generously accessible and knowledgable person I know of in the business. Call Greg!

I also use the Pendulum SPS-1 preamp with an FX processor (TC Electronics M-2000) in my live rig. I use the balanced-unbalanced I/O FX sends/receives that connect the two with 6" cables. Absolutely no problems. In fact, the FX through the SPS-1 are the clearest I've ever heard in 45 years of gigging. I sometimes use dual FX in stereo on the M2000 to" help" the SPS-1's parametric EQ tame nasty rooms - though it really doesn't need it. I use FX very sparingly, way in the background, with some exceptions if I want to wake a room up with some slap-back rockabilly.

To people who have not ever heard the SPS-1's stellar performance, and who may think that $1200 used or $2K new for a guitar preamp is way out of line, or even a lot of money - just listen with your own ears! The SPS-1 is the BEST AVAILABLE. How much do people these days spend for anything that is THE BEST?!?

Hey, the SPS-1's new price is under what many pay for mediocre, mid-range acoustic guitars! And it's performance will change your audio experience for life! It'll change how you hear amplified music.

The only thing I can say is that I wish I had bought an SPS-1 when they first came out in '93. The SPS-1 and my Daedalus W-803 speakers are by far the best pieces if audio equipment I've ever bought.

If you are truly dedicated to pursuing the best sound you can get from an amplification signal chain and - don't compromise - then you MUST hear a Pendulum SPS-1. If your starting out gigging - it's the best place to start. Check it out guys. Better yet, start saving for a used one. Hey, you can get $100 for your overmatched PADI right off the bat.

Seriously, City/Country, buy a Pendulum SPS-1 and you will never look back!

A Hui Hou!
alohachris