View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe F View Post
I use CVS Drug Store akalines which cost about half what Duracell or Energizers do. They're probably made in the same factory as one or the other. My guitar is plugged in for about 4-5hrs a week. I usually change the battery when I change the Elixir strings, which is about every 5-6 weeks or so. I don't change it because it's dead, but because I figure it's about time. No issues whatsoever.

You nailed it on the spot! I use to work as a manager for CVS and I personally can tell you that the cvs brand batteries are really Duracell batteries in a cvs battery casing. And like another member on here stated, most of the "cheapo" batteries are really the name brands such as Duracell and Energizer, but just repackaged with another name. Not to go off on a tangent but to test this theory, go to your local cvs and check out the CVS fudge cookies. They're the golden looking cookies with chocolate fudge swirl on top. Compare them to the normal keibler elf cookies and you will notice the swirls are the exact pattern as well as the cookies pattern.

GOOD luck with getting this problem fixed. I am currently thinking about picking up a Taylor but this time with the es system. People keep telling me they have problems though and to stick to the fishman matrix system, but i will keep an eye on this thread!