View Single Post
Old 01-27-2001, 09:55 PM

Hey George, I went to Mars today and there was a Chris Proctor. First time I have seen one. I would have loved to try it out under different circumstances.....

I got the opportunity to try it by myself for a few minutes. First impressions...THIS GUITAR IS AWESOME! I found the 1 7/8s neck to be very comfortable, classical players will love this axe. String separation was awesome and great overtones throughout. Superb player. There's something about a guitar with no fret inlay that is really sharp, I really dug it!

Anyway, I was doing great by myself until a gentleman came in the room and felt compelled to pull down a jumbo 12 string maple Guild. From the moment this guy sat down he laid into this thing like I couldn’t believe. Now I know that Guilds are built like tanks and this one was no exception. It was so loud I thought he was making dents in the wall. I was not about to compete so I put down the CP model and waited for him to finish hoping he couldn’t keep this up. I thought I saw the guild raise a little white flag begging for him to stop and then it started High E …pop… A…..pop…. This guy was murdering this guitar, breaking strings and didn’t bat an eyelash. Finally his piece was over (Thank God!) and he put the guitar down and walked out the door, strings falling off and all.

I started to play it again when a group of kids came in and started their gig, I guess they had the 4 O'clock set today in the acoustic room

Anyway, I hope to go back and play it again in some peace to really hear it. This guitar is a player and Mars is.....well...Mars