The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Demos for gigs (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207421)

BoB/335 02-07-2011 08:54 AM

Demos for gigs

Here is one of my Demos. Hopefully I can get some gigs now that I have a Demo recorded.
Yes, there are a few mistakes here and there but I let them go. I got 5 songs recorded and copied in about 3 hours so you recording experts will know that is not nearly enough time to get a mint recording on one song. I'm pretty happy with the outcome and my guitar sounds great (especially compared to my YouTube videos).
I have no dillusions of grandeur of "making it". I don't consider myself a singer in the least. What spurred this new interest was watching others out there doing this and making money all while not doing a very good job. I felt if they can do it ...............................

http://soundcloud.com/bob-goodwin/ch...rs-snow-patrol

Guess ther's no sense listing one song at a time for review, is there???

kscobie8 02-07-2011 10:19 AM

Nice Bob.

I like how your voice adds a unique element to the song. It's good stuff. I think the balance is good and the guitar has a nice tone to it.

Quote:

Guess ther's no sense listing one song at a time for review, is there???
Personally I disagree. :) I would rather be given one song at a time to check out, rather than a list. I generally avoid the posts that have us check out an entire channel. I like the simple and specific, but that's just me.

Thanks for sharing! Good luck with the gigs. :)

Bel isi,
-kyle

Jeremy 02-07-2011 10:23 AM

I guess I should refrain from posting two songs at a time, perhaps.

BoB,

I liked your cover of Chasing Cars. I've been playing it somewhat differently over the years that I've been covering it myself, so it's nice to hear another interpretation of it.

kscobie8 02-07-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frail (Post 2507880)

BoB,

I liked your cover of Chasing Cars. I've been playing it somewhat differently over the years that I've been covering it myself, so it's nice to hear another interpretation of it.

Haha, no worries, Frail. ;) My comment was meant in the sense that the list of links or "check out my channel" thing can be overwhelming, and isn't likely to get as efficient of comments as someone who has one or two specific songs to share. Posting two links to two separate tunes is fine and doesn't overwhelm.
Carry on.

Bel isi,
-kyle

Jeremy 02-07-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kscobie8 (Post 2507891)
Haha, no worries, Frail. ;) My comment was meant in the sense that the list of links or "check out my channel" thing can be overwhelming, and isn't likely to get as efficient of comments as someone who has one or two specific songs to share. Posting two links to two separate tunes is fine and doesn't overwhelm.
Carry on.

Bel isi,
-kyle

Gotcha. Just didn't want to annoy anyone.

Memphis Jim 02-07-2011 11:30 AM

That’s clean work there. It’s a good peaceful sound for sure. Most stuff (including our own) seems to get overbearing in some way. Either it’s too much guitar or voice or lead or something. Yours works for me and if playing a gig is what you want I think it’s very obtainable.

BoB/335 02-07-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frail (Post 2507880)

BoB,

I'd like to hear yours!

BoB/335 02-07-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kscobie8 (Post 2507875)
Nice Bob.

I like how your voice adds a unique element to the song. It's good stuff. I think the balance is good and the guitar has a nice tone to it.

Personally I disagree. :) I would rather be given one song at a time to check out, rather than a list. I generally avoid the posts that have us check out an entire channel. I like the simple and specific, but that's just me.

Thanks for sharing! Good luck with the gigs. :)

Bel isi,
-kyle

I hear a little buzzing on a few of the chords and don't know why. I agree the balance is good. My friend did me a real solid!
I have about 40 songs when I play out. It was tough deciding which ones to pick to represent what I wanted to portray. I have a Beatles, CCR, Rob Thomas, Michael Buble, R.E.M., Eagles..............

kscobie8 02-07-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoB/335 (Post 2507996)
I hear a little buzzing on a few of the chords and don't know why. I agree the balance is good. My friend did me a real solid!
I have about 40 songs when I play out. It was tough deciding which ones to pick to represent what I wanted to portray. I have a Beatles, CCR, Rob Thomas, Michael Buble, R.E.M., Eagles..............

Cools stuff. I would love to hear more. :)

Bel isi,
-kyle

Jeremy 02-07-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoB/335 (Post 2507992)
I'd like to hear yours!

Thanks. I'll try to put a video together sometime.

All in all, my version is pretty similar to the acoustic version that appears on the Grey's Anatomy Season 2 soundtrack.

Ray614 02-07-2011 05:28 PM

Bob,

I think that's my favorite so far from you sense participating here. Good job!
I'm requesting some Michael Buble. I like his songs but never though about trying to do a cover.

Ray

BoB/335 02-07-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray614 (Post 2508288)
Bob,

I think that's my favorite so far from you sense participating here. Good job!
I'm requesting some Michael Buble. I like his songs but never though about trying to do a cover.

Ray

Thanks Ray!!! That means a lot!

I do "Home" and his version of Just the Way You Look Tonight (or fairly close anyway)
He has a great voice so I can only do so good with him.

BoB/335 02-07-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kscobie8 (Post 2508090)
Cools stuff. I would love to hear more. :)

Bel isi,
-kyle

Oh and I got one by "Bread". :D

66strummer 02-07-2011 06:28 PM

My understanding is that a demo/ promo for getting gigs is usually a CD with a conglomerate (1 track) of different songs..... ie Take around 35 seconds of each of the 5 songs and transition them together into a 3 minute demo sampling of some songs you do. Used to mean spending money in a recording studio. Gotta love recording software. :D

Sage97 02-07-2011 09:39 PM

Bob,

You, Budster, Kyle and I - we have so much in common as far as song selection goes. I really like this song and recorded my version but it died even before it was finished when my old system died.

I like this version. Thanks for sharing.