The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Musical Instruments (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Anyone seriously Think about selling your acoustic in favor of the Ukulele? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482547)

CASD57 09-10-2017 04:48 PM

Anyone seriously Think about selling your acoustic in favor of the Ukulele?

I know...Seriously??

But lately I'm enjoying the Baritone Ukulele more then my Nice Yamaha A3M...
I probably won't Sell the Yamaha but I might just put it away for a while..

Maybe for Xmas I'll get a all wood Baritone Ukulele :)

Bob Womack 09-10-2017 05:07 PM

***** No *****

Scootch 09-10-2017 05:07 PM

You can swing it both ways.

I've about 15 ukes.

David Eastwood 09-10-2017 05:28 PM

Do you need the money?

If not, put the guitar away in a safe place. You'll be back.

CASD57 09-10-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatswodo (Post 5472244)
Do you need the money?

If not, put the guitar away in a safe place. You'll be back.

Yep, that's the plan [emoji23]

David Eastwood 09-10-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CASD57 (Post 5472245)
Yep, that's the plan

I have two lap steel guitars stashed away under the same layaway scheme :)

vcs700s 09-10-2017 07:07 PM

Yes, did it three years ago. Sold all my guitars and basses. Owned over 15 Ukes in that time, all sizes.

Still own some Ukes and am playing the four guitars I have purchased in the last month.

Uke and guitar are fun and challenging but I missed the bass strings of the guitar for walk ups and downs etc. especially when playing worship, bluegrass and folk.

In the end I simply enjoy music. I am teaching my grandsons uke and guitar. They enjoy it too as well as piano.

CASD57 09-10-2017 09:08 PM

A year ago or so I bought my daughter a First Act little guitar about the size of the baritone Ukulele
I had a lot of fun with that plastic POS even if it buzzed like a hornet net...
So that started my search for a small travel guitar...and many people said...Try a Ukulele and I thought of Tiny Tim... No way No how...
So after many small guitars I finally gave up on finding something small that sounded Good...
Not sure why...but I finally had some credit with Amazon and figured what the heck.. Try a Ukulele...
So I research a little and found out the Baritone is stringed like a guitar so a lot of the chords interchange ... and what doesn't, makes it even more fun to learn new fingerings....
Whether I try any of the other sizes will remain to be see...But who knows.

cotten 09-10-2017 09:50 PM

Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a nice ukulele. I just have my priorities straight. :guitar:

cotten

CASD57 09-11-2017 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotten (Post 5472448)
Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a nice ukulele. I just have my priorities straight. :guitar:

cotten

:p :rolleyes: :guitar: :roll: :lol: :guitar:

JohnnySmash 09-11-2017 08:33 AM

No, I would never give up playing piano or guitar even though I have very sore left thumb and both pinkies hurt. However, I have changed my mind about how to play them. DADGAD for one makes life easier and more fun. On my small Yamaha I use "Drop 3 Tuning" then place the capo on the third fret. I can still play up to an hour or so a day without too much pain. I changed my 12 string into a lap type slide guitar. My Baritone Ukulele is on order.

mr. beaumont 09-11-2017 09:05 AM

No, but ukes are addicitve little buggers, ain't they?

CASD57 09-11-2017 09:41 AM

Yea... it's fun to learn new ways to get funky with a Uke...I'm sure it would be a head turner as a solo act to use a Ukulele for a lot of guitar tunes...
Busking could be fun with one..
And mine is acoustically louder then my Yamaha A3M.. isn't that special :)

Earl49 09-11-2017 10:20 AM

Nope. I play both on a daily or weekly basis. I used both at a jam on Saturday afternoon, and tonight is our ukulele club meeting. And I ran through my finger style guitar repertoire for an hour last night.

I have about a dozen different versions of a Phillips screwdriver in my tool box because they do different things -- short, long, really long, ratcheting, large or small points, etc.

CASD57 09-11-2017 11:55 AM

Well I'm sure I'm not selling the Yamaha but I might expand my Ukulele collection.. I'd like a all wood one...Like a Mainland or ?