The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   "The Water Is Wide" tutorial (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481582)

Glennwillow 09-01-2017 05:53 PM

"The Water Is Wide" tutorial

This is a tutorial I made using 3 cameras to show how I played "The Water Is Wide" on this thread previously.

I hope this might be helpful to some. :)

Thanks,
Glenn

Kerbie 09-01-2017 06:47 PM

Glenn, that's great! Wow, I love the 3 cameras. I really appreciate your doing these tutorials... they're wonderful and I'm sure they will be helpful for lots of folks here. :up:

Glennwillow 09-01-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 5463609)
Glenn, that's great! Wow, I love the 3 cameras. I really appreciate your doing these tutorials... they're wonderful and I'm sure they will be helpful for lots of folks here. :up:

Thank you Kerbie!

How nice of you to check into this video so quickly! I'm so glad you thought this video worked out okay! :)

- Glenn

GerryTB 09-01-2017 07:37 PM

That's great Glenn. I have this song on my "to do" list, so this will surely help me down that road.

The 3 cameras really help see what's happening.

I appreciate you sharing it.

Glennwillow 09-01-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GerryTB (Post 5463644)
That's great Glenn. I have this song on my "to do" list, so this will surely help me down that road.

The 3 cameras really help see what's happening.

I appreciate you sharing it.

Hi Gerry,

Wonderful! I'm so glad that this might be helpful! Thanks so much for your comments!

- Glenn

reeve21 09-01-2017 08:10 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, Glenn!

It is one of the hardest tunes in Mark Hanson's Travis Picking book, and one I have been avoiding. He also does it in D, so when I feel up to it your video will be a great help.

I appreciate what you say about pulling down across the strings to get the pull offs to sound out. I recently began private instructions, and my teacher has me doing these exercises with all 4 fingers--what a difference.

BTW Tommy Emmanuel and David Grisman are playing Ithaca in November :)

Best,

Glennwillow 09-01-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeve21 (Post 5463666)
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, Glenn!

It is one of the hardest tunes in Mark Hanson's Travis Picking book, and one I have been avoiding. He also does it in D, so when I feel up to it your video will be a great help.

I appreciate what you say about pulling down across the strings to get the pull offs to sound out. I recently began private instructions, and my teacher has me doing these exercises with all 4 fingers--what a difference.

BTW Tommy Emmanuel and David Grisman are playing Ithaca in November :)

Best,

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your comments! Interesting that Mark Hanson would use the Travis pick to play "The Water Is Wide."

I do hope this tutorial will be helpful to you! :)

I will check out TE's website for his touring schedule. I haven't looked in a while!

Thanks!
- Glenn