The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question for Bob T (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4333)

Acoustics4ed 03-03-2002 08:30 AM

Question for Bob T

Mr. T

I was curious if, while we are at Taylorstock, that we might be afforded the luxury of having our guitar set ups checked and adjusted by the "real macoy"??........I only ask this because...while my dealer was very cool and helpfull, they DONT do anykind of setup or adjustments...

frayne48 03-03-2002 07:13 PM

Ed,

Why don't we just ask Bob T. to give us all BMWs too while we are there. Being a bit of a sarcastic arse here, I am. Just don't want to see us alienate Sir Bobby T. with a bunch of free gratis requests. The guy is a guitar maker and a business man.

JW 03-03-2002 08:28 PM

I dont want the BMW but I will take a new Silverado Z71. JW

bnjp 03-03-2002 09:54 PM

JW, don't you know the BMW is the state car of South Carolina? I even saw that on a Billboard on I-85. :) Must be true.

Actually I'm with you on the Chevy... :)

joe white 03-03-2002 10:22 PM

Yeah, And I'll settle for a used Envoy!!:)

JW 03-04-2002 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bnjp
JW, don't you know the BMW is the state car of South Carolina? I even saw that on a Billboard on I-85. :) Must be true.

Actually I'm with you on the Chevy... :)

Yeah they build em in Spartanburg but down here in the woods a 735i just dont handle the mud. JW

b-squared 03-04-2002 08:01 AM

Sounds to me like someone NEEDS a GOOD Luthier! I would think that if a person is going to own a Taylor, or any other "high end" guitar, with all the worries about humidity rates, etc...FIRST thing on their list would be a GOOD Luthier to help you with the set-up and stuff like that.:)

Bill B.

buddiesorg 03-04-2002 08:51 AM

Ed, although Taylor repair doesn't take walk-ins anymore ... I have heard that they do take walk-ins of professional musicians and, sometimes on occasion, people from out of town if they're not too busy. Since the get-together is in August, they may not be very busy (certainly not like right now). Of course, if everyone going to the get-together brings in a guitar or three, they'd suddenly get very busy ... :)

Acoustics4ed 03-04-2002 09:29 AM

Thanks for that answer buddiesorg.....

it was a stupid question in the first place............in reflection I see that now.

JW 03-04-2002 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taylorguitars4ed
Thanks for that answer buddiesorg.....

it was a stupid question in the first place............in reflection I see that now.

It wasnt a stupid question but it got a lot of stupid answers(including mine) Bob T was a luither first. Ive seen pictures in the early days. Ive got a picture of him on my wall slaving on a 12 string in the lemon grove shop. He may be a business man but down deep he is all luither. Not an unreasonable request. I had Austin Coil help me out back a few years ago. For those of you who dont know him he was the Chi-Town Hustler and is and has been crew chief for John Force for many years. Some people dont forget their roots. JW

Cisco 03-04-2002 10:27 PM

Ed
I never assumed you meant a "free" setup. I think for those folk who live far from the factory it's a great idea. I live about 3 hrs. from it so I can go whenever I want. But having your guitar done in Mecca seems rather satisfying.

Ron

joe white 03-04-2002 10:39 PM

I thought Shirley Muldowney was the Chi-Town Hustler JW? This is just an old bit of trivia that was floating around in my head so it is probably wrong? Aw wait a minute, Shirley was from Florida wasn't she? I guess she couldn't be the Chi-Town Hustler.

JW 03-05-2002 08:07 AM

Austin Coil drove the Chi-Town hustler in the early days. Pat Minniuk also drove it. Shirley "Cha-Cha" Muldowney drove several differant funny cars but went on to achive he greatness in To Fuel Dragsters. Her first funny car owned by Connie Calletta Was dubbed "Cha-Cha" She was and still is known as the "Pink Lady of Drag Racing" She doesnt race NHRA anymore but still campaigns a car in IHRA. I exspect as always she will return to NHRA as she has done so many times. She is a very nice lady a real tribute to the sport of drag racing. JW

b-squared 03-05-2002 08:28 AM

Don't forget Roland Leong, who also piloted the "Hustler"!

Shirley's an icon in Michigan and Kallita's are still active. They bought a "salvage" air base in the northern part of the state, to help accomodate their air freight service. But...those long runways make a GREAT place to shake down the ol' dragsters too.:)

Bill B.

JW 03-06-2002 08:54 PM

Rolang Leong! Heres a guy whos done it all! Great driver, crew cheif. Yeah he drove it also. Cant remember all of them. Shirley is an Icon everywhere in drag racing. And the Kallitas are still doing it. Connie, And Doug are still racing but I havnt seen Scott in a long time and he was really good. JW