The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Breedlove Organic Wildwood Pro Companion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684696)

howband1948 04-17-2024 09:50 AM

Breedlove Organic Wildwood Pro Companion

Looking for a 3/4 size travel guitar for about $1k or less. Anyone have experience with this Breedlove companion guitar. I would NOT be using the electronics so I am interested in how it sounds unplugged. Any other suggestions are appreciated. I should say that I am flatpicker. Ideally I would like a guitar with a width at the nut greater than 1 11/16". I kind of like a chunky neck.

(should this be in a different section of AGF?)

Thanks everybody...

How

Stevien 04-17-2024 03:15 PM

Yes, you should post this in the classifieds section.
Steve

KevinH 04-18-2024 08:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm a Breedlove fan, but I've never played one of their Companions. I think you'll find that all of their guitars have 1-11/16" nuts in that price range.

If this is to be a travel guitar, a really good candidate would be a Furch Little Jane:

Attachment 106881

It easily disassembles and stores into its pack. Here's a size comparison of the LJ pack to a Taylor GS Mini:

Attachment 106882

The Little Jane has a 1-3/4" nut and 2-5/16" spacing at the saddle. It's my favorite travel guitar. You can find reviews on the forum. New, they're a few hundred above your price limit. But used would fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by howband1948 (Post 7445630)
Looking for a 3/4 size travel guitar for about $1k or less. Anyone have experience with this Breedlove companion guitar. I would NOT be using the electronics so I am interested in how it sounds unplugged. Any other suggestions are appreciated. I should say that I am flatpicker. Ideally I would like a guitar with a width at the nut greater than 1 11/16". I kind of like a chunky neck.

Thanks everybody...

How

fingerling 04-26-2024 08:40 PM

Breedlove has a thin neck

Quote:

Originally Posted by howband1948 (Post 7445630)

Thanks everybody...

How

The Breedlove will have a thin neck, but this looks like a nice GS-Mini size guitar with good specs.

Dogma 04-26-2024 08:47 PM

This is the correct forum for this kind of question. You seem to be looking for advice and possible alternatives. Once you decide what you want you can post a "want to buy" in the classifieds if you want. Or just monitor them.

Denandannie 04-26-2024 11:21 PM

I have the Breedlove Oregon Concerto. It’s not small, but has a wonderful mellow tone unplugged. It’s really smooth sounding on some classical pieces. It’s not for sale, at any price.