The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fishman F1 Analog vs Roland AP-1 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232547)

leehop71 11-06-2011 10:43 AM

Fishman F1 Analog vs Roland AP-1

The Martin PA4s all have the F1 Analog electronics, and I noticed the Martin 16GTEs have the Roland AP-1 electronics. Any experienced opinions/advice on each of these electronics? Thanks.
Jack

rmyAddison 11-06-2011 12:19 PM

There is a reason the F1 Aura is on the more expensive models, and the F1 Analog and Roland on less expensive models, and for acoustic/electrics the electronics count as much as anything.

The F1 Aura IMO sounds better and has more useful features.....my .02!!

leehop71 11-06-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyAddison (Post 2817737)
There is a reason the F1 Aura is on the more expensive models, and the F1 Analog and Roland on less expensive models, and for acoustic/electrics the electronics count as much as anything.

The F1 Aura IMO sounds better and has more useful features.....my .02!!

I understand and agree with what you are saying, however I am looking for a side by side between the F1 Analog (not the Aura) and the Roland AP-1.

creekhed1 01-21-2012 06:32 PM

Great instrument!

Quote:

No offense but this is statement doesnt make sense.
The Roland AP1 is an incredible system and can hold its own against the F1 Aura, and is MILES AHEAD of the f1 ANALOG system.

The AP1 is the system I OWNED when I had a DC16 OGTE. The guitar AND preamp were FANSTASTIC!!!! I had to sell for economic reasons and will always miss that Guitar and preamp.

I presently have a Martin GPCPA4 and it is also an incredible instrument! I WISH it had the F1 Aura...but it does not...it has the analog version. The Analog version is...OK. It's basically a Fishman Piezo with tone and phase controls. It sounds good...but is NO MATCH for the Roland AP1...that is FOR SURE!!! But...Don't let the F1 Analog stop you from purchasing a 4 series Performing Artist because those guitars are AWESOME!!!! The pickup does the job just fone and sounds really good...but again its not as advanced as the Aura OR the Roland.

Which would I rather have...the DC10OGTE with Roland or the GPCPA4 with F1 Analog? The GPCPA4!~!!!! It's just SUCH A WONDERFUL GUITAR!

What would be COOL is a GPCPA4 with Roland AP1!!!!!! But I must admit, the "Low Profile" F1 system looks SO much nicer.

Need the bells and whistles of the F1 Aura? Step up to the 3 series Performing Artist...but bring your checkbook! hahahahaha

YMMV

Health Freak 01-22-2012 04:41 PM

Had a DCPA4 with the F1 Analog. Sounded like 6 rubberbands on a guitar. EQ wasn't much help.

The Roland was quacky as well, and when you add the COSM stuff that's built in, it sounded cheesy IMHO.

Between the two, the Roland was a bit better for straight up pickup sound. Avoid the onboard FX and just EQ later in the chain, throw on some 'verb, and play.