The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Wildwood and Chicago Music Exchange Experience?? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499590)

Denandannie 02-09-2018 12:54 PM

Wildwood and Chicago Music Exchange Experience??

I saw in AGF a few references to Wildwood guitars and Chicago Music Exchange. I've checked out the web sites and find they have some interesting guitars. Does anyone have any experience buying through them, either pro or con?

I found a few guitars on both sites I am interested in purchasing, but would like some feedback from anyone who has dealt with them.

kcnbys 02-09-2018 01:00 PM

Lots of experience with CME - all good. It's a great shop that'll treat you right, and take good care of ya. Also, if you ever get to Chicago, you gotta go see the place in person - it's way, way cool. No experience with Wildwood.

frankmcr 02-09-2018 01:00 PM

CME is in the same class as Gryphon, Gruhn, Carter, Elderly ...

Shadowfox 02-09-2018 01:13 PM

The owner of CME also started and owns Reverb. They are a pleasure to work with, and if you go in person they also give you pretty good prices on trade ins. They will give you value as well as working around the high Chicago sales tax

eljay 02-09-2018 01:16 PM

and WW is great, too

No experience here with CME, but I've dealt with Wildwood numerous times and always am treated well, personally and financially.

Good luck with your quest!

VJP5 02-09-2018 01:39 PM

I've purchased from both and both were excellent experiences. Never actually been "in" Wildwood, but have gone to CME many times. If you're looking for the cure for GAS, that is the LAST place to go :D

SalFromChatham 02-09-2018 01:39 PM

I have bought several guitars through each of them. Both were flawless experiences.

duluthdan 02-09-2018 01:39 PM

D - if you are inquiring about Wildwood in Louisville. Colorado, I have bought and sold thru them numerous times. Straight shooters they are. Always had good experiences.

Kupuna50 02-09-2018 01:54 PM

Wildwood

If you are referring to Wildwood in Ohio, they are one of the BEST!!
Don & Marty are about as friendly and straight as they come. Very knowledgeable as well.
Have purchased thru them several times and have a custom Martin coming.
IMHO

martingitdave 02-09-2018 01:57 PM

Wildwood and Chicago Music Exchange Experience??

I’ve had lots of experience with CME. Yours may depend on who your sales person is. I had 10 good transactions with them and one disappointingly bad recent experience.

merlin666 02-09-2018 02:19 PM

I tried to buy a guitar online at CME once and it was a horrible experience, getting passed from one clueless individual to the next. It took them forever to figure out what went wrong, and more than a month to get a refund of the $4000 I had paid. Never again!

zmf 02-09-2018 05:07 PM

No experience with CME, but I've been in Wildwood Guitars a few times, and bought one guitar. Good experience. You can trust them to give you a good deal, and a good setup on your purchase.

And you're right -- they regularly carry interesting guitars.

ManyMartinMan 02-09-2018 05:56 PM

Wildwood Guitars and Wildwood Music = two different animals. Wildwood Guitars (the OP's statement) is in Colorado and are a stand-up business.

viccortes285 02-09-2018 05:56 PM

I ordered with Chicago Music Exchange and had great fast service

David Eastwood 02-09-2018 06:01 PM

I bought a $99 Yamaha Guitalele from CME. When it arrived, there was a hand-written note inside advising me about the recommended tuning for the instrument.

I was impressed.