The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Marketplace (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Charmed Life (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494041)

D18Hoglover 12-24-2017 06:30 AM

Charmed Life

OK, I've been a Blue Chip guy for a while now, but after hearing all the glowing reviews of Charmed Life I finally ordered one.
Now I anxiously await the NPD !

jbeecham 12-24-2017 06:49 AM

The D-18 is a great sounding guitar! Joy!

jerry

MaurysMusic 12-24-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D18Hoglover (Post 5579565)
OK, I've been a Blue Chip guy for a while now, but after hearing all the glowing reviews I finally ordered one.
Now I anxiously await the NPD !

LOVE my CLT-75! Congrats on scoring your first CL. 👍

Kerbie 12-24-2017 07:49 AM

I'm a believer. I've got the .75 black tri and I love it. Best pick I've ever used and the customer service is excellent. The brown is also superb, but I keep looking at the new flame... wow. Gorgeous pick.

Charmed Life Picks 12-24-2017 12:06 PM

Hog, got your order, thanks.

Well, your jealous of my picks, but I'm jealous of your D-18 (difference: I get my picks for FREE!).

The newly redesigned D-18 has got to be considered the best value in the Martin lineup. Just a fabulous guitar. I played one about two years ago at McCabes, perfectly set up, that blew my socks off. Just a stunner. I've learned through the years to never carry my wallet with me when I go into a guitar store, even if ostensibly it's only for strings. Thank God I left it in the car that day.

I have too many dreads now to fit a D-18 into my herd, but that day will come.

Thanks for your order. I will try to get this on the road to you by next week, between the holidays. Shutting it down for a few days to hang with my favorite people in the world, including my wife of 34 years.

Much Holiday Cheer to All,
scott memmer

Charmed Life Picks 12-24-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 5579615)
I'm a believer. I've got the .75 black tri and I love it. Best pick I've ever used and the customer service is excellent. The brown is also superb, but I keep looking at the new flame... wow. Gorgeous pick.

On that note, Kerbie, we got SO many requests for that model -- and I was making so many custom units -- I just decided it would be easier to have it as a stock model. It now is:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...-1-50-in-stock

We love everything we sell (I will never make something purely for profit; I make stuff only I would play professionally), but as a line the black has been our hottest for months. I finally had to pull the black teardrop completely off the site due to heavy demand (they go back up next week), as well as the 1.50 mm black triangle. Just ridiculous.

Anyway, wanted everyone interested to know the black .75 mm tri is now a stock item. For several years the brown version of that pick, as Maury has indicated above, has been one of our best sellers.

thanks,
scott

marty bradbury 12-24-2017 12:28 PM

What would you suggest for an acoustic guitar?

Charmed Life Picks 12-24-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty bradbury (Post 5579858)
What would you suggest for an acoustic guitar?

Marty, thanks for asking.

Please tell me what guitar(s) you're playing, your playing style, kinds of music (Bluegrass, folks, Americana, jazz, blues, etc.) and I'll check back in a bit.

thanks so much,
scott

P.S. Folks, one of the things that makes me most proud of our company is that every month about 30-40% of our orders are from repeat customers, people who already own CL products. This, more than anything, tells me what we offer has value to you.

marty bradbury 12-24-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5579919)
Marty, thanks for asking.

Please tell me what guitar(s) you're playing, your playing style, kinds of music (Bluegrass, folks, Americana, jazz, blues, etc.) and I'll check back in a bit.

thanks so much,
scott

P.S. Folks, one of the things that makes me most proud of our company is that every month about 30-40% of our orders are from repeat customers, people who already own CL products. This, more than anything, tells me what we offer has value to you.

Alvarez AP70 Parlor, light/med PB strings

Charmed Life Picks 12-24-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty bradbury (Post 5579932)
Alvarez AP70 Parlor, light/med PB strings

Most players like some flex. This is an area we specialize in. In fact, we're the only pick company in the industry offering premium materials below 1.0 mm. If this describes you, I'df look at the brown and black lines in .75 mm thickness.

What picks are you playing right now? Thickness? Brands? Materials?

sm

marty bradbury 12-25-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5579946)
Most players like some flex. This is an area we specialize in. In fact, we're the only pick company in the industry offering premium materials below 1.0 mm. If this describes you, I'df look at the brown and black lines in .75 mm thickness.

What picks are you playing right now? Thickness? Brands? Materials?

sm

V-pick Euro. Small tear drop shape not sure the thickness but stiff. I like that.

Charmed Life Picks 12-25-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty bradbury (Post 5580440)
V-pick Euro. Small tear drop shape not sure the thickness but stiff. I like that.

In terms of rigidity, V-Picks uses acrylic. When going to our online store, look at the lines on the far left and the far right, the red and the "tortoise" design:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

I'll tell you, if you're playing acoustic, you've never heard tone like this. It's warm, smooth, balanced and accurate.

scott memmer

D18Hoglover 12-26-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5579834)
Hog, got your order, thanks.

Well, your jealous of my picks, but I'm jealous of your D-18 (difference: I get my picks for FREE!).

The newly redesigned D-18 has got to be considered the best value in the Martin lineup. Just a fabulous guitar. I played one about two years ago at McCabes, perfectly set up, that blew my socks off. Just a stunner. I've learned through the years to never carry my wallet with me when I go into a guitar store, even if ostensibly it's only for strings. Thank God I left it in the car that day.

I have too many dreads now to fit a D-18 into my herd, but that day will come.

Thanks for your order. I will try to get this on the road to you by next week, between the holidays. Shutting it down for a few days to hang with my favorite people in the world, including my wife of 34 years.

Much Holiday Cheer to All,
scott memmer

Thanks! Looking forward to the NPD ! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

magictwanger 12-28-2017 04:37 PM

I too have some B.C. picks and a plethora of others.Too many actually.....I bought 2 Charmed Life picks a while ago...They are fantastic picks,but different tonally from a BC,which is a good thing....Scott is a very honest guy to deal with.You can't go wrong with these products.

s2y 12-31-2017 07:13 AM

I just ordered a CLF 1.15 and an NFR 1.0. Can't wait to try them out!