The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   DMB Virgin (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31308)

Dadgad 10-04-2003 03:04 PM

DMB Virgin

DMB not so well known in the U.K. - I have to admit I've never heard any of their stuff :eek:

There is so much dialog about them on this forum it's obvious that i'm missing out on something, so the question is - where is a good place to start for the uninitiated?

shane 10-04-2003 03:09 PM

www.cdnow.com would be a good place to get a preview of their music, however unless you hear the whole song it wont sound right.

gardner 10-04-2003 03:39 PM

Try the DVD... dave matthews band - listener supported...

Pipsqueak 10-04-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gardner
Try the DVD... dave matthews band - listener supported...
or Folsom Field.

both are GREAT.

freestyle 10-04-2003 11:02 PM

I just bought thier newest release, and I was totally underwhelmed. Sorry to say, but I just dont care for them at all. I wont buy another of their CD's.

EnFuego 10-05-2003 02:03 PM

Quote:

I just bought thier newest release, and I was totally underwhelmed. Sorry to say, but I just dont care for them at all. I wont buy another of their CD's.
To each his/her own. I have no problem with people not liking the music, but for some reason most people seem VERY strong opinions on DMB (I'm not at all saying that you are freestyle) but for some reason a lot of people either love them or hate them.

EnFuego 10-05-2003 02:05 PM

Also, if you decide to buy any of their CD's I would go first for some of the older live CD's like Live at Red Rocks, Listener Supprted, Live at Luther College (Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds acoustic set) or something like that. They are an incredible live band.

Dadgad 10-05-2003 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EnFuego
Also, if you decide to buy any of their CD's I would go first for some of the older live CD's like Live at Red Rocks, Listener Supprted, Live at Luther College (Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds acoustic set) or something like that. They are an incredible live band.
Actually I saw the Live At Luther College CD in my local store recently (in fact the only DMB CD they had in stock) - you reckon this is a good one to get?

MichaelM 10-05-2003 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dadgad

Actually I saw the Live At Luther College CD in my local store recently (in fact the only DMB CD they had in stock) - you reckon this is a good one to get?

I think the Live At Luther College is awesome; particularly for the guitar players amongst us as it's just two guys playing acoustic guitar!

shane 10-05-2003 08:06 PM

luther college is the best cd... its amazing.

twostep 10-05-2003 09:33 PM

Under the Table and Dreaming and Crash are probably my favorate studio albums, and the live albums (Live at Folsum Field, Listener Supported, Live at Luther College) just blow me away.

If you love to hear burning scale runs and some awesome guitar work, you will love Live at Luther College.

gardner 10-05-2003 09:39 PM

Does anyone know if there is a DVD released (or a planned release) of Live at Luther College?....would be a must-have!!

crowdedstr 10-06-2003 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gardner
Does anyone know if there is a DVD released (or a planned release) of Live at Luther College?....would be a must-have!!
no, and i dont know of any plans to release it....

i do know, however, that a dave and tim show was video taped on 4/3/03 from purdue university. no dates on a potential release date, but it was recorded for video/dvd release.

DMBFan412 10-07-2003 06:22 AM

I'm going to reccommend you pick up Live at Luther College. If you play guitar, you will love this cd. Tim Reynolds is amazing. That cd is how I became a fan. If you want to get a DVD my favorite is Listener Supported, its a great setlist. Its like the "sampler platter":lol:

I actually have an "amatuer" DVD of the Boone, NC show from this year. Not that great quality, but its pretty cool.

Dadgad 10-07-2003 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DMBFan412
I'm going to reccommend you pick up Live at Luther College. If you play guitar, you will love this cd.....
The deed is done - went to local store this lunchtime and got the CD (not cheap by the way - retails in U.K. for 21 pounds! :eek: )

Hope I like it.