The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   MacNichol Guitars for Saddles? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502757)

JackB1 03-08-2018 09:12 AM

MacNichol Guitars for Saddles?

Anyone use these and were you happy with these saddles?

I specifically need one for a Taylor 114ce. Any Taylor users try these replacement saddles? How easy/hard are they to fit to your guitar?

thanks

DenverSteve 03-08-2018 09:20 PM

I would never think about using anything but a custom saddle or factory saddle for my guitars. That means I would go to my luthier, Bob Colossi or Taylor for a saddle for a Taylor. Assuming that you purchased an appropriate saddle for your guitar, you should only have to adjust height for the action you prefer.

JBCROTTY 03-09-2018 05:00 AM

I bought a bone saddle for my Gibson J-15 from MacNichol and it worked fine - it was a Gibson saddle copy. I had to sand it a bit to get the action setup the way I like it but it sounds fantastic.

He provides great customer service and is very responsive. So much so that I bought bone saddles from him for my Yamahas that ended up not fitting correctly. He took them back no questions asked. I was so impressed with his service I sent him a stock resin Yamaha saddle and he's having bone saddles made by his supplier based on that example and will send me one when they are done.

If your saddle is common and listed on his inventory I highly recommend him.

Ed-in-Ohio 03-09-2018 05:30 AM

MacNichol Guitars

Fantastic vendor who provides unparalleled customer service. Michael is fantastic to work with. Buy with confidence.

StillStephen 03-09-2018 08:18 AM

Worked with Michael many times - great customer service and a great product. Highly recommended.

ii Cybershot ii 03-09-2018 11:36 AM

I just installed a MacNichols bone saddle in my Martin last week. Quality product and quality bone. Smelled like bone when I sanded it. I bought it on Amazon of all places. Pretty happy with it although the saddle had a slight curvature to it and I wonder if that will have any effect on the bridge slot long-term.

MacNichol 03-09-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ii Cybershot ii (Post 5663872)
I just installed a MacNichols bone saddle in my Martin last week. Quality product and quality bone. Smelled like bone when I sanded it. I bought it on Amazon of all places. Pretty happy with it although the saddle had a slight curvature to it and I wonder if that will have any effect on the bridge slot long-term.

Hello,

Please send a PM with your Amazon order number and I'll get a free replacement shipped to you.

Thank You.