The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Gas enabling before the holidays - 2 SDOTD - Seagulls (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489856)

roylor4 11-18-2017 08:39 AM

Gas enabling before the holidays - 2 SDOTD - Seagulls

Okay,

I thought I would enable today. GC and MF both have incredible deals on Seagulls today.

GC - Seagull Maritime Dread ac-el - $399

MF - Entourage Concert Hall ac-el - $269

I would buy the Concert Hall myself if the neck agreed with my hands - too thin for my taste. Excellent sounding little OM though

fazool 11-18-2017 08:41 AM

Those are great deals. The dailies are very hit-or-miss but this week they've had great ones.

Greg Ballantyne 11-18-2017 08:48 AM

Good deals indeed. I paid $100 more for my Maritime dread 7 years ago, with a Washburn 12 trade in, and no electronics. I need to check that deal for my own sanity.....

JakeStone 11-18-2017 09:31 AM

Thanks for posting links.

Good deals indeed!

I'm sorta tempted by the MF deal $269 -Seagull Entourage Rustic Concert ..

I've had my eye on the Ibanez AC240 in the similar price point.
But no electrics on the Ibanez which I would need to add.

Anyone know how the 2 compare neck wise?

StrumNSing 11-19-2017 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeStone (Post 5540686)
Thanks for posting links.

Good deals indeed!

I'm sorta tempted by the MF deal $269 -Seagull Entourage Rustic Concert ..

I've had my eye on the Ibanez AC240 in the similar price point.
But no electrics on the Ibanez which I would need to add.

Anyone know how the 2 compare neck wise?

I had the Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo (I'm not sure if it's the same specs as the concert model, neck-wise). I loved the sound of mine but the nut on mine was 1.72 and, while not a huge difference, I found it just enough of a bother versus my other guitars which are all 1.75 or wider. So I traded it for the Ibanez AC240 (1.77, I think) and now I'm very happy!

SalFromChatham 11-19-2017 05:23 AM

Gents,

How robust are these guitars, and by that I mean how impervious to low humidity? I’m thinking about the concert for work... but during the winter it gets dry. That dry environment never hurt my Yamama FS700 that I used to own, but it cracked my lightly build Farida OT22.

If it’s robust I’d like to leave this Seagull hanging on my wall at work.

Quebec Picker 11-19-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themissal (Post 5541512)
Gents,

How robust are these guitars, and by that I mean how impervious to low humidity? I’m thinking about the concert for work... but during the winter it gets dry. That dry environment never hurt my Yamama FS700 that I used to own, but it cracked my lightly build Farida OT22.

If it’s robust I’d like to leave this Seagull hanging on my wall at work.

Consider this: Seagulls are built in Quebec, using at least some locally sourced woods. In Quebec, it gets very dry in the winter, especially inside where the heat is blasting for six months a year. So, Seagulls are born and constructed in low-humidity land. (I don't mean in the Godin factory, of course, just the geographical location).

I've owned several Godin instruments (Seagulls, Normans, S & P, Art and Lutherie). I've always left them out all winter, often without even humidifying my apartment. Never a problem. They're also fairly heavy, which means they're probably not super sensitive to fluctuations.

Finally, Godins are probably the most popular acoustic guitar here, because they're so inexpensive and so good. I see them around everywhere. See them listed for sale all the time. I've rarely seen one that had a crack in it. Just an anecdotal observation.

SalFromChatham 11-19-2017 05:19 PM

QP,

Thanks for that post. Kind of what I wanted to hear.

atomic dog 11-19-2017 08:50 PM

This Seagull Martime are sweet! Very warm and lots of volume.