The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   RECORD (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Presonus (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488658)

Dirty Bill 11-07-2017 05:39 PM

Presonus

I bought a Presonus Studio One 2 and I can't figure out how to hook it up. I want to record guitar playing and singing. Help?

KevWind 11-07-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Bill (Post 5529986)
I bought a Presonus Studio One 2 and I can't figure out how to hook it up. I want to record guitar playing and singing. Help?

What exactly is a Presonus Studio One 2 ? That does not seem to listed on their web sight ?

Dirty Bill 11-07-2017 06:27 PM

I think it's listed as 1,they don't use the 2. Thanks.

scripsit 11-07-2017 07:01 PM

Presonus Studio One is a DAW software program.

If you have indeed purchased this, you need to install it on a computer, and then decide how you intend to transfer the sounds of you singing and playing to that computer.

Normally you would do this with an audio interface which has (say) a USB connection to the computer, and one or more microphones which plug into the audio interface.

An alternative is a portable recorder with built in microphones which you use for recording, then transfer the digital files to the computer for processing.

You could also use a single microphone with a USB connection to plug directly into the computer.

You won't be able to do anything with just the software.

Kym

KevWind 11-07-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Bill (Post 5530033)
I think it's listed as 1,they don't use the 2. Thanks.

Still unclear, are you talking about "Studio One" software, or one of the Presonus hardware interfaces with Studio One installed ?
If it is the the software then the current version is Studio One -3
If it is the software then to "hook it up" you will also need a digital interface .

runamuck 11-07-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Bill (Post 5529986)

Do you have a manual?

Trevor B. 11-08-2017 08:39 AM

Hope this helps.

midwinter 11-16-2017 05:09 PM

Studio One is software.

Did it come with a little A/D interface? Something like this?

Dirty Bill 12-04-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwinter (Post 5539048)
Studio One is software.

Did it come with a little A/D interface? Something like this?

Yes.Thats what I have. Thanks everyone.

Dirty Bill 12-05-2017 02:04 PM

I actually got it to record today,but I don't know how to play it back...:hmm:

midwinter 12-05-2017 02:09 PM

Did you make a recording?

KevWind 12-05-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Bill (Post 5558771)
I actually got it to record today,but I don't know how to play it back...:hmm:

Actually if you list your system , it will be much easier for folks to give specific suggestions

#1 you are seeing it writing the waveforms in the audio track/s in the edit/arrange window ?

If yes, are you seeing the meter for that audio track in the mixer showing a signal ?

If yes :
# 2 are you seeing the meters on the Main output channel track in the mixer (Master out ) registering a signal ?

If yes

#3 do you have the correct monitoring device showing and selected in "Audio Setup" window in the software ? .... i.e are you trying to listen from Spk's or headphones connected to the Audio Box , or from the computer spks or HP ?

Dirty Bill 12-05-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwinter (Post 5558777)
Did you make a recording?

Yes,I did,some chords and part of a tune.

midwinter 12-05-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Bill (Post 5558883)
Yes,I did,some chords and part of a tune.

Can you play it back with the presonus disconnected?

Dirty Bill 12-05-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWind (Post 5558808)
Actually if you list your system , it will be much easier for folks to give specific suggestions

#1 you are seeing it writing the waveforms in the audio track/s in the edit/arrange window ?

If yes, are you seeing the meter for that audio track in the mixer showing a signal ?

If yes :
# 2 are you seeing the meters on the Main output channel track in the mixer (Master out ) registering a signal ?

If yes

#3 do you have the correct monitoring device showing and selected in "Audio Setup" window in the software ? .... i.e are you trying to listen from Spk's or headphones connected to the Audio Box , or from the computer spks or HP ?

I don't know all that stuff,right now it's like Chinese arithmetic:rolleyes:....