The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and New Releases (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Time For South Florida Again? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271440)

stratokatsu 11-05-2012 08:27 AM

Time For South Florida Again?

For someone who is finding it hard to attend the South Florida jams, I seem to be the one starting these threads. Maybe I should push for a Sunday off, huh?

Any thoughts on a get together before the holidays fall on us? I'll talk to Rosie about hosting if anyone wants to come down here. I have a couple kids who work with me at the golf course that I would love to get involved. They are sort of beginners and I know would be shy about it, but if it was at my house, I think it would be easier to get Manny and Nicole to come out.

Thoughts?

jacothedog 11-05-2012 06:11 PM

Depends on the weekend, but I'll surely try. Missed a few in a row and I need a good dose of Florida AGF!!!

jmeinel 11-05-2012 09:57 PM

Man! I'll be flying through Miami twice in the next 6 weeks, but neither time is on the weekend. My layovers are for such a long time, that I probably could have hung out with you guys for a couple hours. Oh well! I'll just have to come down for one of your gatherings another time. :D

stratokatsu 11-07-2012 06:39 PM

I finally remembered to mention this to my wife to see when she has a weekend with no obligations so she can help me with food and all that stuff. We're going to look at the calendar tonight when she gets home.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a Saturday during one of the first 3 weeks of December. Depending on some upcoming dental surgery, I might not be fit to work, but then I sure wouldn't be fit to sing either, but that would free up a Sunday.

One way we have to try before the Mayans have their day.

sharkydude50 11-07-2012 08:15 PM

You know I'm always up for these sorts of things! Good chance for me to debut the new Voyage Air

jimmybee 11-07-2012 09:03 PM

Just say when and I'll be there, miss you guy's.

beach bob 11-09-2012 07:18 AM

Count me in. December would work, all my weekends in November are booked.

Hope everyone is well in the meantime :)

jacothedog 11-09-2012 02:34 PM

The best Saturday for me is the 15th. The others are possible, but iffy (minor surgery for my *much* better half on the 4th)

jmeinel 11-09-2012 02:45 PM

So you guys don't want to hold it during the middle of the week? Say the Dec. 10th or 18th? Those are the two days I'll be stuck at MIA airport with nothing to do. :D

Come one! Let's be original and not hold it on a weekend like every other gathering on this forum.

jimmybee 11-11-2012 06:52 PM

15th works for me.

sharkydude50 11-13-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmybee (Post 3238994)
15th works for me.

Same here!

stratokatsu 11-13-2012 08:06 PM

Sorry to be backwards in coming forward with a date, but Rosie's travel schedule is up ion the air for the moment. I'm hoping to have a jam wqhen she is here so she can make sure I don't poison anyone with my cooking.

sevenpalms 11-14-2012 03:08 AM

I live Miami Lakes and am glad to see so many members in South Florida! Sorry I'm out of the country until January but would love to meet with you guys next time around... Not to change the subject but does anybody have any good reliable recommended guitar techs in the area? If so please PM me. Thanks and have fun in December.

noledog 11-15-2012 08:57 AM

Would love to hook up with Sharky & Beach Bob again and meet some new folk, but I'm booked for most of December. So ya'll have fun, post some pics and have a blessed holiday season.

Cheers from Florida's First Coast! :cool:

noledog

stratokatsu 11-16-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenpalms (Post 3241510)
I live Miami Lakes and am glad to see so many members in South Florida! Sorry I'm out of the country until January but would love to meet with you guys next time around... Not to change the subject but does anybody have any good reliable recommended guitar techs in the area? If so please PM me. Thanks and have fun in December.

You have mail... I sent you the name and number of the best tech I know of in the Dade/Broward area.