The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The best CARBON FIBER GUITAR is...? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489118)

palolowarrior 11-11-2017 01:28 PM

The best CARBON FIBER GUITAR is...?

Okay, so i am sure this topic has surfaced.
But, new opinions from the gallery may share new light on the subject.

Years ago I tried one at a dealer. I was impressed.
Then about two years ago I bought a mid sized one which I️ sold.

So, folks tell me what is your best C.F. guitar?

Acousticado 11-11-2017 01:46 PM

palolo, this thread will likely be moved to the CF subforum, but just like when this question is asked regarding wood guitars, there’s no simple or right answer. I own Emerald and Composite Acoustics CF guitars and am currently lusting for a Blackbird Savoy. Both of mine are great, but so are offerings from others such as Rainsong, Journey and Leviora...the best known 6. Most offer a range of sizes and customization options, and each has their own feel and voice.....all are high quality ranging in price from $1k-$5k. A thread very similar to this was posted yesterday be AGFer zmf and was quickly moved to the CF subforum where he is receiving many informative replies. He admitted he didn’t even know that subforum exists. If you’re really inquisitive about CF guitars, do yourself a favor and spend some time learning about them in the CF subforum.

jdinco 11-11-2017 03:05 PM

To answer your question as stated....MY best CF guitar is my Emerald X20. I also have a RS WS and a Cargo. My best guitar is my SCGC D-12. The guitar that gets played the most is the Cargo. I hope that's not TMI !! LOL It will be interesting to see the answers posted....

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales 11-11-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

The best CARBON FIBER GUITAR is...?
Best for who? Best for what? Is there such a thing as best? I suppose we could go with most popular, based on units sold over the years, and the one with the most options. If that works for you than the answer is Rainsong. If you want refine it further and ask me what the "best" model is using the same criteria, than I would say Rainsong WS100N2.

Song 11-11-2017 03:21 PM

http://emeraldguitars.com/wp-content...t-Object-1.jpg

tonyo 11-11-2017 03:29 PM

I'm no fan of labeling something as "the best".

I've got a Journey OF660 and I'm very happy with it. It's served me particularly well on trips involving travel by airplane. I guess I'd say it's the best travel guitar I have. It's also the only travel guitar I have.

Guest 928 11-11-2017 03:57 PM

No doubt,
my X10N-OS
is the very
very best
Much better
than all the rest

kramster 11-11-2017 04:17 PM

A have many best ones..hope this helped..

Also a McPherson might take the place of your ..well.. McPherson

chitz 11-11-2017 04:36 PM

I am rather fond of Rainsong.

Kray Van Kirk 11-11-2017 05:21 PM

You can't ask that here! Do you want to start a rumble?!?! :-p

Captain Jim 11-11-2017 05:28 PM

Ha! My guitar can beat up your guitar! ;)

Ted asks the right questions, especially "best for what usage?" While your question is sure to get responses, it is kinda like asking "Which is better - Taylor or Martin?"... or: "Mahogany or spruce?" on the main forum. Human nature being what it is, expect to get responses based on who owns what. :)

First criteria to me: a guitar has to sound and play to my satisfaction. Then, it has to be comfortable to play (how it fits you and the set up). Then, it has to look good - life is too short to play an ugly guitar.

While not every carbon fiber model from the different manufacturers pleases my eyes, every example I've played has sounded good. Some, outstanding. Some are more comfortable than others.

I have an opinion to your question, but it is just that: my opinion. My favorite guitar right now (carbon fiber or wood) is a gorgeous Emerald X20. Louro preto wood veneer, glossy black CF sides & back. It fits me (these folks truly understand ergonomics), and the sound makes my ears happy every time I pick it up. Unless I just want to kick back in a comfy chair with something smaller... then, the X7 is my favorite.

That said, it doesn't diminish how I feel about any of my other guitars, and it certainly hasn't changed their various tones that originally attracted me.

I wouldn't want to be the one to pick out THE guitar for you. Spend some time on this CF sub-forum, and you will find those who would pick another maker or model that is their choice for "best carbon fiber guitar"... and they would be right. For them.

So, dig in; start doing your research. The BEST carbon fiber guitar for you is out there. Just like with wood guitars (and plenty of us own both wood and CF), you will find folks who have more than one... yeah, they are that good.

Enjoy the search.

steelvibe 11-11-2017 05:51 PM

Great response Captain :up:

I can't name a favorite if I have only been exposed to one manufacturer, so I'm truly unqualified to answer. I sure love my RainSong though.

There are ugly guitars out there? I haven't seen any:D

Coastman 11-11-2017 05:58 PM

I and all of my guitar playing friends are blown away by the beautiful sound and how comfortable and easy it is to play my Rainsong APSE. (Got it From Ted at LA guitars. Highly recommend the Rainsong and Ted! Both excellent!)

Doubleneck 11-11-2017 06:18 PM

I think the simple answer of the best would probably be top of the line Leviora, but few can afford one.

Guest 1478 11-11-2017 06:33 PM

I have only played Emerald carbon fibers.
My X20 is far and away the best guitar I own or have ever played.