The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classical (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Anyone ever play an Alhambra 7P CW E2? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252975)

BrickGlass 05-26-2012 05:07 PM

Anyone ever play an Alhambra 7P CW E2?

I'm looking to sell my Taylor NS34ce and buy something that is a little closer to a normal classical (in most ways) and not so much a crossover. This Alhambra seems excellent, but I'd love some thoughts.

Bellcose 05-26-2012 05:18 PM

All I know about the instrument is that my daughter's guitar teacher (who is a tutor at the Australian National University but also teaches on a private basis) recommended the Alhambra 1C for beginner students and I must admit it sounds rather splendid and even I like playing it if I get a chance which is rare.

He has also suggested that the Admira is an alternative.

For those taking tertiary exams on the instrument he recommends the 7 if they cannot afford a custom built by a specific luthier (second hand ones by this person go for $AU5,500) The guitar teacher does not sell guitars, he simply recommends them and its up to the student as to what they get.

So, what I am saying is that if the 1C is a standard, you are probably heading in the right direction if you are looking at the 7 or equivalent.

skyver 05-26-2012 11:05 PM

I have an Alhambra 7FC. It's a good guitar.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ambrafront.jpg

dosland 05-27-2012 12:25 PM

I had the chance to play the 7p CW (not sure about the e2), the 5p, the 5c, and all of the lower-level models when I was looking for a Spanish classical a few years back. I ended up with a 7c, which is, I think, no longer made. It was several hundred eu less than the 7p, and I just couldn't afford to pay the difference. There was some inconsistency in the finish on several of the lower-level models, so you definitely should get your hands on the guitar before you commit to it, but overall, I don't think you're likely to find a better guitar than the 7p in that price range. Certainly, for a more traditional classical sound and feel, it's going to be worlds better than your Taylor NS (which I also compared a few years back) - but I'm not sure how the Alhambra (fishman?) electronics will compare to the excellent Taylor internals. I always recommend at least checking out the Alhambra line when my friends are looking for a solid classical, most are pleasantly surprised by what they find.

BrickGlass 05-28-2012 05:06 AM

Don't think I'd be able to play it before buying it. There is one Alhambra dealer here in Utah, but he can just order it for me, he doesn't have any in stock.

goufousdoufous 05-28-2012 06:49 AM

[QUOTE=BrickGlass;3053718]I'm looking to sell my Taylor NS34ce and buy something that is a little closer to a normal classical (in most ways) and not so much a crossover. This Alhambra seems excellent, but I'd love some

Great guitars. Of all the laminates, I like the 4p the best. The 7p, which may be out of production, was the first all wood model. The guitar had a slightly smaller body than the other models. The 4P goes for around 800-1000... A great deal. You might check out this sight: xguitars.com

Doufous

dosland 05-28-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickGlass (Post 3054959)
Don't think I'd be able to play it before buying it. There is one Alhambra dealer here in Utah, but he can just order it for me, he doesn't have any in stock.

He can probably deal with any returns easily enough, much better than buying online, IMO. Back when I was shopping, the 5 and 6 series were also all solid woods, but you'd have to track those down used. The 6 had the deeper "concert" body in those days, and so was significantly more expensive than the 7 - maybe a difference of 10mm or so...from 95 to 105 measured at the lower bout? I'd have to double check that on my stats sheet, but they should have all the current data on their website.

Scott Whigham 05-28-2012 07:39 AM

I love the Alhambra's feel and touch. My friend is their rep/endorser here in the US - PM me if you want to ask him some specific questions about builds/etc.

nogin007 05-28-2012 08:29 AM

I have a 5P Alhambra. It's a good playing guitar, and sounds good. I mostly play steel string, but the Alhambra does sound good, to me.

bluesman3 06-04-2012 03:43 PM

I play the Alhambra 6P and my wife plays the 4P. We both enjoy them very much. Fine playing guitars with exceptional tone. :)

matt51cam 04-06-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyver (Post 3053932)
I have an Alhambra 7FC. It's a good guitar.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ambrafront.jpg

Hi,
I'm Matthew from Montreal,quebec...

Are you willing to sell your guitar ?
Email me either way..
[email protected]