The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   SOLD pending payment: Hamblin Euro/Brazilian Grand Concert w/cutaway (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473865)

invguy921 06-19-2017 12:35 PM

SOLD pending payment: Hamblin Euro/Brazilian Grand Concert w/cutaway

Hamblin Euro/Brazilian Grand Concert w/cutaway **Brazilian Eye Candy**

Gorgeous guitar with that sparkling "aged Brazilian" tone in a smaller body guitar. I absolutely love this guitar, but as many know, I move in and out of a lot of them and I guess I always will.

I've truly enjoyed playing this one. It currently has a Fossilized Walrus custom Nut and Saddle (included also is the original bone nut and saddle). the guitar has some gorgeous wood, and plays easily. The setup is spot on, and the guitar is in great condition.

The wood is truly gorgeous. The guitar is lightweight and easy to handle, and is truly a treat to play. If you were searching for a refined, versatile guitar with quick response, effortless play-ability and absolutely joyful tone, you have struck gold.

Euro Spruce: European or Silver spruce, the spruce of choice for makers of classical guitars, shares a number of characteristics with popular Engelmann spruce, including color, lightness of weight, harmonic complexity, and fullness at the lower end of the dynamic range. European spruce differs from Engelmann in its potentially quicker response and greater headroom.

Brazilian: For many years the crème de la crème of back and side woods was Brazilian rosewood. Brazilian rosewood: is sought after for its (usually) dark brown color that ranges from chocolate brown, to rust or a warm burnt orange. Finer examples feature fine black line figuring and spider webbing (where the black lines make web-like shapes that cross from one annular ring to another). The tone, some say, is incomparable. Great projection, with strong, balanced bass and highs are its trademarks.

Tone: The tone is simply spectacular. It has that "it" fact that you seldom hear. What "it" you ask?? That mysterious sparkle that comes from special woods. I've truly only hear this a few times and in a few guitars. This guitar isn't booming loud, but it has nice projection and works well for many styles of play. Ideal for fingerstyle, very good strummed.

Specs:

- 1 3/4" Nut
- Body width 15 1/4"
- Body depth 4"
- Brazilian Rosewood back & sides
- Euro Spruce top
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Gold Gotoh 510 tuners with Ebony buttons
- Koa bound headstock, fingerboard, body
- Rosewood reverse headstock veneer
- 1 3/4" nut
- 2 5/16" bridge spacing
- Pick-up: K&K Trinity system (Their top of the line system)
- Ameritage Gold case included

Price: ONLY $4750 plus shipping and Paypal. Will consider reasonable offers and trades where there is a major cash contribution. Trade value $5775

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...psxiyo6p0k.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...psm9tcikjk.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...psjn0x0bbb.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...pskdriw6rj.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...psfgkvcbaa.jpg

Chedeng88 06-19-2017 12:55 PM

Wow! Another a looker from Mike's stash! It's hard to top BRW that pretty. I haven't had the opportunity to try or own a Hamblin yet, but I've read a lot of good things about Kent. If I haven't just acquired another guitar, I would be super tempted on this one.

Mike, looks like this one has a pick-up. What kind is it?

invguy921 06-19-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedeng88 (Post 5380032)
Wow! What a looker from Mike's stash! It's hard to top BRW that pretty. I haven't had the opportunity to try or own a Hamblin yet, but I've read a lot of good things about Kent. If I haven't just acquired another guitar, I would be super tempted on this one.

Mike, looks like this one has a pick-up. What kind is it?

Rye,

Thanks for the kind words. Great guitar, extremely well built!

I knew I was forgetting something when I did the ad...the pick-up..of course!!

I edited the ad. It is a K&K Trinity system (Their top of the line system)
Thanks for the heads up!

islandguitar 06-19-2017 03:12 PM

Oh....lordy.....what a beautiful guitar! GLWS!!!

Carmel Cedar 06-19-2017 06:42 PM

WOW - gorgeous guitar! Stellar seller. Amazing deal on a fabulous Brazilian from a master... :up:

Guitars44me 06-19-2017 08:26 PM

Free bump for a BEAUTY

Another fabulous instrument graces Mike's table… And amazing array of goodness has passed over that furniture!

Mighty tempting. And I am supposed to be selling…

World-class axe from a wonderful seller, and a super nice guy! No way to go wrong here that I can see.

Best on your sale! Play her while you can…

Cheers

Paul

rogthefrog 06-20-2017 12:51 AM

Hamblins are GREAT. A Hamblin is what made me choose the wood for a custom build. I own one now--great tone and effortless playability. Very comfortable medium-thin neck profile.

BRW Hamblins are getting listed around $8k-$10k so this price is crazy low.

I actually want this guitar :D But I'm done acquiring for the time being.

invguy921 06-20-2017 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 5380165)
Oh....lordy.....what a beautiful guitar! GLWS!!!

Thank you! Frankly, I think they guitar looks awesome, but the tone exceeds the looks in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar (Post 5380373)
WOW - gorgeous guitar! Stellar seller. Amazing deal on a fabulous Brazilian from a master... :up:

Andy, Thanks! Awe shucks, you don't need to refer to me as a "master" ha! :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 5380474)
Another fabulous instrument graces Mike's table… And amazing array of goodness has passed over that furniture!

Mighty tempting. And I am supposed to be selling…

World-class axe from a wonderful seller, and a super nice guy! No way to go wrong here that I can see.

Best on your sale! Play her while you can…

Cheers

Paul

Paul, Thanks bro. This one is really special. Of the many here on AGF, you certainly know what special sounds like...that eerily gorgeous ring that comes out of seasoned Braz. In my estimation, there's few guitars that have it...VERY few at this price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogthefrog (Post 5380605)
Hamblins are GREAT. A Hamblin is what made me choose the wood for a custom build. I own one now--great tone and effortless playability. Very comfortable medium-thin neck profile.

BRW Hamblins are getting listed around $8k-$10k so this price is crazy low.

I actually want this guitar :D But I'm done acquiring for the time being.

Roger, thanks for telling the story. I've been tremendously impressed with the build quality and as I've said the tone from a GC sized guitar. And yes, the neck is ideal for me too, really a treat to play.

invguy921 06-21-2017 04:33 AM

Thanks to all of you who have reached out to me already about this guitar. Someone is going to love this one, but it is still available.

Here's another quick peek at it

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...psbcduu1xu.jpg

BKENNA 06-23-2017 01:54 PM

2005 Hamblin Euro/Brazilian Grand Concert w/cutaway

Excellent!

invguy921 06-24-2017 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKENNA (Post 5384690)
Excellent!

Thanks Brian! I am confident that many people have no idea that a GC size guitar could sound so good. Most smaller body guitars have a bit of a dead sound...a "clunky" G string if you will. Not this one...it is rich and even across the tonal spectrum. Additionally, the bass end is really strong and distinct.

This is one of those guitars, in my opinion, that has "many applications"....meaning that it is capable of holding it's own in a lot of settings and with a lot of music styles. For me, it is that guitar I like playing on the couch. The size allows for a great deal of comfort while playing, while providing all of the tonal nuances I enjoy in larger guitars. With this one, fingerstyle is where it's at for me. I've said it before, it has that "aged Brazilian sparkle" that makes the tone very satisfying.

Someone will love this guitar. :guitar:

JohnnyD123 06-24-2017 12:36 PM

Hamblin

Having had the pleasure to play a Hamblin for a couple of years, Kent Hamblin was a top builder. I believe he gave it up for either personal or financial reasons. That makes this BRW gem even more valuable. GLWS

invguy921 06-24-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD123 (Post 5385630)
Having had the pleasure to play a Hamblin for a couple of years, Kent Hamblin was a top builder. I believe he gave it up for either personal or financial reasons. That makes this BRW gem even more valuable. GLWS

Johnny, yes this is one YOU need brother ;)

I've had some interest in this one, but gonna go ahead and mark it down and see if I can get someone to "jump". Come and get it guys. You'll be hard pressed to find a better small guitar than this one!

invguy921 06-27-2017 07:16 PM

Mid week bump for a great guitar!

neildealdylan 06-30-2017 05:28 AM

Fabulous guitar......

I've never had the privilege of playing a Hamblin but I've only heard rave reviews concerning them. With this tonewood combo & also dealing with one of the most respected members on the forum (and one of the nice guys)....you can't go wrong with this one. Looks a stunner & I'm certain it'll be a joy to play. GLWS Mike.