The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and New Releases (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Recurring song circle and open mic in Philadelphia, PA (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440420)

jacothedog 08-20-2016 10:42 AM

Recurring song circle and open mic in Philadelphia, PA

Hi there!

If any of you live in the Philadelphia area (or anyone visiting, of course), check out our song circle / open mic.

We have a bunch of fun! We actually refer to it as our "guitar party".

Here is the link to our meetup group:
https://www.meetup.com/PhillyMusicalAchievers/

Hope to see some AGF'ers there!

Cheers,
Jerry

Neil K Walk 09-25-2016 12:01 PM

Interesting. I'm planning a jaunt to Ardmore on 10/15. I see the venue is an Ethopian restaurant. How big is it inside? It's been forever since I played someplace and might want to bring someone along for moral support.

jacothedog 12-04-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwakatak (Post 5077214)
Interesting. I'm planning a jaunt to Ardmore on 10/15. I see the venue is an Ethopian restaurant. How big is it inside? It's been forever since I played someplace and might want to bring someone along for moral support.

Dang, kwak - sorry I'm late to respond. Hope you make it to the area again soon!

The owner give us our own room upstairs. We've had 30 people in there. That's pretty much the max.

We've been doing this for about 3 years now almost every two weeks

mkitman 12-05-2016 12:45 PM

Hmm; may have to give this a try on the 17th...

I hope to make it!

jacothedog 12-05-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkitman (Post 5148686)
Hmm; may have to give this a try on the 17th...

I hope to make it!

Let me know. First drink is on me for any AGF member!!!!

Neil K Walk 12-05-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacothedog (Post 5148052)
Dang, kwak - sorry I'm late to respond. Hope you make it to the area again soon!

The owner give us our own room upstairs. We've had 30 people in there. That's pretty much the max.

We've been doing this for about 3 years now almost every two weeks

That's okay. I ended up going to Nazareth and meeting up with friends. I even gave them a house concert.

BreedloveRDMH 12-07-2016 07:08 PM

I'd be a jam buster

I was really interested in going,
looked at the website,
I was getting stoked about going,
I looked at the photos of the people at the last one,
Saw my ex playing and singing

I guess I'll keep looking for a Philly / Bucks County jam to join.

Cheers

amyFB 12-08-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreedloveRDMH (Post 5151149)
looked at the website,

Cheers

Here's one that might interest you; it's a long running jam that's been going for over 30 years now....

. Holmesburg Bluegrass & Country
Jam. Thursday nights 8 - 10:30p.m. All levels of players are welcome. The
Holmesburg Jam meets at the The MacSwiney Club, 510 Greenwood Ave,
Jenkintown, PA 19046. In warm weather it meets at Jenkintown Town Square
Gazebo at 307 Leedom St, Jenkintown, PA
19046. See Holmesburgjam.com/ <Holmesburgjam.com/*

jacothedog 12-08-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreedloveRDMH (Post 5151149)
looked at the website,

Cheers

Really??? Wow... small world, I guess, right?

Can you PM me more info if I may be so rude as to ask? Maybe it's someone who has only shown up once or twice. I run this meetup so I'd be able to tell you who comes on a regular basis.

BreedloveRDMH 12-08-2016 07:41 PM

replied

sent you a PM

mkitman 12-18-2016 12:11 AM

Wow; what a great time! A decent turnout considering the crappy weather, we ended up leaving at 11:45 PM after a 7 hour stint (and if we had brought it up, I'm sure that at least a few people would have stayed longer).

Jerry, thanks a ton for not only setting this up some 3 years ago & getting the venue; but also for schlepping a major sound system & video display capability for everyone to be able to follow along and join in. Obviously, a load of dedication goes into this.

I also met at least 3 other first timers (along with me) there. All in all, quite the wide ranging bunch, both in age & style. I have to say that I'm looking forward to the next one!

jacothedog 12-19-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkitman (Post 5161832)
Wow; what a great time! A decent turnout considering the crappy weather, we ended up leaving at 11:45 PM after a 7 hour stint (and if we had brought it up, I'm sure that at least a few people would have stayed longer).

Jerry, thanks a ton for not only setting this up some 3 years ago & getting the venue; but also for schlepping a major sound system & video display capability for everyone to be able to follow along and join in. Obviously, a load of dedication goes into this.

I also met at least 3 other first timers (along with me) there. All in all, quite the wide ranging bunch, both in age & style. I have to say that I'm looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for the kind words, Michael and it was awesome to have someone show by finding us through an AGF post! We definitely have a lot of diversity, in both people and music genres covered.

Glad to hear you'll be coming back!

mkitman 12-27-2016 12:48 PM

HOPING to make it on Wednesday by around 5:00- 5:30... We'll see!