The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Nino Rota - A Time For Us ( Romeo & Juliet OST ) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503699)

bickb 03-16-2018 01:12 PM

Nino Rota - A Time For Us ( Romeo & Juliet OST )

Aloha!

A Time For Us from the movie Romeo & Juliet by the great Nino Rota! :)

Enjoy.

Imbler 03-16-2018 01:34 PM

Very nice Rick - it ended too soon!
Mike

Johan Madsen 03-16-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bickb (Post 5671165)
Aloha!

A Time For Us from the movie Romeo & Juliet by the great Nino Rota! :)

Enjoy.

Sounds great, very expressive playing, it looks like you’ve done some serious gear improvement haven’t you ? The sound is beautiful! May I ask what reverb you use? I’m always curious about reverbs, I’m totally obsessed with reverbs haha! Anyway yours sounds great !

bickb 03-17-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbler (Post 5671183)
Very nice Rick - it ended too soon!
Mike

Thanks and thanks for commenting, Mike.

And there is a replay button :P:p haha ( Lame joke - i know ;))

bickb 03-17-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan Madsen (Post 5671402)
Sounds great, very expressive playing, it looks like you’ve done some serious gear improvement haven’t you ? The sound is beautiful! May I ask what reverb you use? I’m always curious about reverbs, I’m totally obsessed with reverbs haha! Anyway yours sounds great !

Thanks, Johan.

And yes. I went from Samsonc01 mics in 2017 to Rode nt5 for the vids in 2018 :p And it's basic reverb in SONAR platinum.

Which DAW and which reverb do you use? (I'm also completely into reverb - it's so important for acoustic playing.)

eyesore 03-17-2018 07:53 AM

always loved that! played beautifully!

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 03-17-2018 09:27 AM

Rick, this is so nice. I haven’t heard this song is so long - beautiful playing!

Glennwillow 03-17-2018 09:31 AM

Very nice Rick!

I have always loved that piece! In fact, it was played at my wife and my wedding about 48 years ago now! Well done!

- Glenn

Johan Madsen 03-17-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bickb (Post 5671822)
Thanks, Johan.

And yes. I went from Samsonc01 mics in 2017 to Rode nt5 for the vids in 2018 :p And it's basic reverb in SONAR platinum.

Which DAW and which reverb do you use? (I'm also completely into reverb - it's so important for acoustic playing.)

Concerning the DAW I use Cubase 8, concerning the reverbs I have given several one a try , most of my YT videos were recorded with Waves IR-1 impulses, but on my last ones I’ve used Valhalla vintage Verb (on Once Upon a Time in the West), VNXT plate for Nebula (on the Gladiator Theme) which is said to be absolutely stellar by all, though I’m not really satisfied with the sound but I may be missing something as Nebula is not really plug and play haha ! I’ve also tried Phoenix Verb Nimbus (game of thrones cover). So I don’t know which one I prefer yet as each of those need some tweaking and practice to get the best out of them. My quest will go on !

Guest 33123 03-17-2018 02:01 PM

Awesome Rick!

bickb 03-18-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWSog (Post 5671959)
Rick, this is so nice. I haven’t heard this song is so long - beautiful playing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyesore (Post 5671867)
always loved that! played beautifully!

Thanks you and thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

bickb 03-18-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 5671967)
Very nice Rick!

I have always loved that piece! In fact, it was played at my wife and my wedding about 48 years ago now! Well done!

- Glenn

Glenn! I read that your surgery went okay and you are currently going to therapy for your recovery - so things went alright, I asume. But now the WAY more important question: when can we expect some more GlennWillowRecordings? :D (kidding :D Hope your recovery is going well!)

And what a wonderful story. Now I listen to it in a completely different way.. Now I see a young Glenn and his wife walkin down the aisle :p

48 years! *Gulp*

bickb 03-19-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan Madsen (Post 5672235)
Concerning the DAW I use Cubase 8, concerning the reverbs I have given several one a try , most of my YT videos were recorded with Waves IR-1 impulses, but on my last ones I’ve used Valhalla vintage Verb (on Once Upon a Time in the West), VNXT plate for Nebula (on the Gladiator Theme) which is said to be absolutely stellar by all, though I’m not really satisfied with the sound but I may be missing something as Nebula is not really plug and play haha ! I’ve also tried Phoenix Verb Nimbus (game of thrones cover). So I don’t know which one I prefer yet as each of those need some tweaking and practice to get the best out of them. My quest will go on !

I'm not familiar with any of those :p But don't you think it could be your mics? I was also fiddling with a lot of settings, but after I changed mics it changed everything :oi