The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Favorite acoustic all in one pedal with the following: (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501927)

ahorsewithnonam 02-28-2018 11:47 PM

Favorite acoustic all in one pedal with the following:

Tuner
EQ
Delay
Chorus
Reverb
Acoustic models..dread, OM, etc

Zoom AC3?

Mischief 03-01-2018 05:13 AM

Well no modeling but if body Rez works for you
Then the Play Acoustic checks all my boxes. Harmonies are just an extra. I use the pedal for all the other features plus it can work like a channel strip for vocals all in one handy little pedal.
I pretty much set it and forget it. Of course you
Can tailor things for each song and I have a switch three so I could use the looping and I can use one button for boost etc. lots of options for an all in one pedal. YMMV

varmonter 03-01-2018 08:55 AM

i think the boss ve8 is pretty good.
it lacks modeling but the effects are stellar
and it has a vocal processor and looper function
as well..

troggg 03-01-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varmonter (Post 5655630)
i think the boss ve8 is pretty good.
it lacks modeling but the effects are stellar
and it has a vocal processor and looper function
as well..

Lacking modeling is a good thing since the Boss modeling in its AD8 was hideous. I trust them to do effects right though.

lkingston 03-01-2018 01:51 PM

Actually, the Boss VE8 does modeling, with a choice of several models.

Photojeep 03-02-2018 08:48 PM

If you weren't looking for the modeling, I'd recommend the Boss AD-10.

I love its sound and it has everything else you're looking for.

Best,
PJ

Johnny.guitar 03-02-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photojeep (Post 5657406)
If you weren't looking for the modeling, I'd recommend the Boss AD-10.

I love its sound and it has everything else you're looking for.

Best,

PJ

This has become my main pedal now.
Sounds fantastic & has pretty much everything you need

Irish Pennant 03-03-2018 06:52 AM

My favorite is the Zoom A3. The longer I have it, the more I use it, the more I like it. I keep discovering more and more of it's capabilities. It's a shame they had to discontinue it and simplify the newer model.

lkingston 03-03-2018 09:03 PM

Here’s another vote for the Boss VE8. I does have body resonance modeling and I like it. That plus EQ with high pass, sweepable mid, notch filter, delay chorus and reverb effects, configurable XLR and 1/4 inch outs, plus looping and a two voice harmonized. You can plug in an external dual foot pedal so you aren’t limited to the one button looper. Vocal path and guitar path are separate even when looping. Runs on batteries or a standard 9v power supply so you can use a One Spot with a really long cable. Doesn’t pop when you turn it on. Has phantom power. Sounds wonderful with my Sunburst Gear or Elite Acoustics amps. Yeah, I really like this pedal!

The Growler 03-03-2018 10:21 PM

I'd take a look at the new AC-3. I played with a friend's and it was pretty impressive.

varmonter 03-04-2018 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkingston (Post 5658521)
Here’s another vote for the Boss VE8. I does have body resonance modeling and I like it. That plus EQ with high pass, sweepable mid, notch filter, delay chorus and reverb effects, configurable XLR and 1/4 inch outs, plus looping and a two voice harmonized. You can plug in an external dual foot pedal so you aren’t limited to the one button looper. Vocal path and guitar path are separate even when looping. Runs on batteries or a standard 9v power supply so you can use a One Spot with a really long cable. Doesn’t pop when you turn it on. Has phantom power. Sounds wonderful with my Sunburst Gear or Elite Acoustics amps. Yeah, I really like this pedal!

yea the resonance on the ve8 is sweet.
i find a little goes a long way. The more i use
this pedal the more i like it. very versatile and
if you busk with a battery powered amp like
the Eae or bose s1 . The ve8 runs on batteries as well...

BluesKing777 03-04-2018 06:56 PM

I also like my Boss VE8, who doesn’t want a V8?

I treat it more like the ‘final mix’ and keep all settings the same for just a bit of reverb and delay, very, very little...but great to have different settings for vocal and guitar. (Instead of the one reverb goes to all on my amp).

I bought the Boss for the manual knobs instead of the menu things on the TC that I sold. Nothin against menus but I thought the Boss was more tactile and great to just tweak it here and there while playing, without deep diving a menu. So because of this line of thought, I also would prefer to eq my guitar first with a pedal like the MXR 10 bander! Just cut that band or two that I want to manually.

A little goes a long way on these contraptions too! Since using it, a lot, I have narrowed down the vocal harmony section to 1. Never to use live, good as it is. 2. Have enormous fun with just Keef on backup vocal. (harmony set to one only extra voice on ‘high’ gives me a little friend to sing with!)

BluesKing777.

gfirob 03-04-2018 09:23 PM

Depending on your priorities, the Tonedexter covers a lot of these, but it is the very best option for making your guitar sound like it really sounds, much better than any modeling available. It has 22 slots for creating customized wavemaps for your specific guitar.

It also has
A tuner,
EQ
Boost
A sweepable notch filter for feedback
A phase (polarity) switch for feedback
An effects loop
An SD card slot for field upgrade of software

Then you could buy a TC Helicon reverb pedal for that effect...

BluesKing777 03-05-2018 02:02 AM

I have to tell you that I just unplugged from trying the Boss VE8 with Tonedexter for the guitar input and Shure SM58 for vocals but....

No reverb on the guitar!!! This is from a Mr Reverb from way, way back... Me! Anyway, I thought I would mention it because I am really liking the guitars through TD with no reverb...very clear.

I am not so convinced about no reverb on my vocals..:D I cut it back a third. Hmm, scary.

BluesKing777.

Jack R 03-05-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Pennant (Post 5657666)
My favorite is the Zoom A3. It's a shame they had to discontinue it and simplify the newer model.

You can still purchase a new A3 at the Zoom North America ebay outlet.