The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Marketplace (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Our Thinnest Teardrop: .60 mm Brown Teardrop -- in stock (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471124)

Charmed Life Picks 05-25-2017 10:47 AM

Our Thinnest Teardrop: .60 mm Brown Teardrop -- in stock

A lot of pickers are not aware that we offer our very popular brown series teardrop in an ultra thin configuration of just .60 mm thick. These are outstanding picks, the best .60 mm pick you'll ever play.

We just reintroduced this model in December, and the first run sold out in less than 24 hours. Trust me, you've never played a .60 mm pick like this in your life. We back this up with the longest return/refund policy in the industry and FREE SHIPPING on all purchases. This model sells for only $29.95.

https://i.imgur.com/O4d35UHm.png

We have received a SMALL batch that will likely sell very briskly. If interested, please don't hesitate.

We also have plenty of brown .75 mm inventory, in both teardrop and large triangle. These smoke anything on the market, hands down. 35-day return for full refund on these as well. But a warning: These don't come back.

Another Charmed Life industry exclusive is our 1.0 mm brown series triangle with added grip holes. Nothing like it out there. This model sells for $37.50. Please bear in mind when comparing us with other companies that we NEVER charge for shipping, so there are no surprises or copays in checkout.

https://i.imgur.com/1RXyGFWm.jpg

Here's the link for this model in our online store: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...t-1-25-w-holes

Folks, a few years ago, Maury from Maury's Music purchased a clt-75 pick from us (this is our brown series large tri -- the identical material Blue Chip is using -- at .75 mm thickness). He was so enthused with the quality of this pick, he took the time to make five videos of him playing it on his legendary Martin OM-28. I had no idea he was doing this till the day he posted the vids here on AGF. Also, this pick was not sent to Maury as a freebee, so this was not a "bought" or "thank you" review. He paid full price like everyone else.

Here's the link to his glowing review on his website, plus all five videos.

Below is one of the vids:

Take the Charmed Life Challenge. Play our stuff for 35 days and watch it blow your socks off. If you still have your socks, send it back after a month for a full refund.

Thanks Everyone!
Scott Memmer

MaurysMusic 05-26-2017 01:41 PM

My pleasure- I love this pick!

pg60 05-26-2017 06:16 PM

Looks very cool! Checking out your site now. Have you thought about making a thumbpick?

Charmed Life Picks 05-27-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pg60 (Post 5353724)
Looks very cool! Checking out your site now. Have you thought about making a thumbpick?

PG, thanks for your post -- and thanks for asking that question here, since we get asked that a lot.

We try to be very open with our business, as open as we can be without revealing our future plans. I can tell you that we already have the design for the thumbpick, but unfortunately this is going to take some real doing, some serious engineering and CNC work. It will be unlike anything on the market and will NOT include rivets. I can say no more. Realistically, though, we don't see this on the docket till 2019. Too many other fish to fry for now.

We just introduced a new black line that is already kicking butt.

Nice to hear from you, and thanks for the kind words.

scott memmer

Charmed Life Picks 05-30-2017 12:08 AM

Maury, thanks again. You blew my mind when you did these vids. Still can't believe your generosity and kindness.

Check these out, folks. I gotta pinch myself, these vids are so good!

scott memmer

Charmed Life Picks 06-03-2017 10:49 AM

Here's another one of Maury's videos:

One of the things we do different than the competition is offer the identical material in much thinner picks. We feel it's silly to stop at 1.0 mm or .90 mm when so many millions of players would like to buy a world-class pick but prefer something with more flex. So in our brown series model, for instance, we offer .75 mm and even .60. We're the only company in the world offering thin models in this industry-leading material.

In the vids Maury is playing a clt-75, which is our standard large tri at .75 mm thickness.

Here is a thread originally posted by Maury that has thousands of page views and dozens of reviews by very satisfied customers:
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=451414

thanks for reading,
scott

Charmed Life Picks 06-11-2017 10:34 AM

These vids sound amazing. Check 'em out.

sm

Charmed Life Picks 06-17-2017 10:36 AM

Thin tortoise pick in action

This is one of my favorite ballads ever written. It was composed by Michael Peter Smith, who came out of the Chicago folk scene the same time as Steve Goodman and John Prine. It's been covered by a boatload of people. Incredible song from one of our best living songwriters.

I'm playing this tune with our nf-75ss, which is our ultra thin "tortoise" model, the thinnest in the industry in this remarkable material. Everyone else stops at around 1.0-1.2 mm, so we're the only ones in the world that offer this tortoise-like sound in something this thin. It's quite a remarkable pick, as you can hear from the vid, and I consider it the #1 sleeper in our lineup. This material is very rigid, almost like bone, so you get a thin pick that feels like nothing in your hand -- it feels like air -- combined with the accuracy and exactness of a thicker pick. Do not order this pick if you're looking for a flexible pick; that comes in our brown and black models.

http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/prod...of-nf-90-24-95

Enjoy!
Scott

Charmed Life Picks 06-20-2017 02:25 PM

Thanks again, Maury.

sm

Charmed Life Picks 06-30-2017 11:28 AM

Hope these vids help you in making a decision about picks. We haven't had a chance yet to record any vids with our new black line.

Thanks, As Always, Maury,

scott

Charmed Life Picks 07-12-2017 01:38 PM

We have all the brown series models in stock. These go up against the best in the industry, or your money back, guaranteed for 35 days.

Caution: We get very few back.

thanks!
scott

Charmed Life Picks 07-18-2017 09:01 PM

Pretty cool vid, thanks again, Maury.

scott

MaurysMusic 07-25-2017 10:53 AM

We just put up a video of the new Mesa/Boogie Rosette acoustic amp. Naturally I reached for my CLT-75.

Charmed Life CLT-75 > Martin D-16GT > K&K Pure Mini > Mesa/Boogie Rosette > Rode NT-5.

Guest4562 07-25-2017 11:03 AM

When you can bend or extrude that material to include fingerpicks I'll be interested.

Charmed Life Picks 07-25-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaurysMusic (Post 5420439)
We just put up a video of the new Mesa/Boogie Rosette acoustic amp. Naturally I reached for my CLT-75.

Charmed Life CLT-75 > Martin D-16GT > K&K Pure Mini > Mesa/Boogie Rosette > Rode NT-5.

Wow, Maury, thanks. Sounds awesome. Just happy to be part of the conversation in that wonderful line of gear you have that. Another link in the chain.

Thanks!
Scott

Charmed Life Picks 07-25-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Mac (Post 5420447)
When you can bend or extrude that material to include fingerpicks I'll be interested.

A-Mac, thanks for your post, but that cannot happen. But that isn't because of us.

DuPont, who makes the brown material, sells it only as finished stock shapes. You cannot buy the resin and roll your own. You must buy either sheets or rods of this stuff and CNC it out of those shapes. No way around it.

This is the same across the entire plastics industry. All high-end thermoplastics (aka "engineering plastics") come only in stock shapes from ALL the companies that sell such products. You must machine your product from those solid shapes.

Bummer, I know. Such is the fun in the plastics biz.

scott memmer

MaurysMusic 07-25-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5420456)
Wow, Maury, thanks. Sounds awesome. Just happy to be part of the conversation in that wonderful line of gear you have that. Another link in the chain.

Thanks!
Scott

This pick is as wonderful as the rest of the gear, for sure!

Charmed Life Picks 07-28-2017 12:27 PM

Been a lot of fun sharing these vids with you folks. Thanks Again, Maury.

scott memmer

Charmed Life Picks 09-15-2017 07:31 PM

In these videos Maury is playing our .75 mm large triangle brown series. This is the same material Blue Chip uses, but we go much thinner.

thanks,
scott memmer

MaurysMusic 09-16-2017 09:02 AM

LOVE this pick!

Charmed Life Picks 09-16-2017 10:57 AM

Thanks, Maury. Beautiful playing.

Most folks still seem to be unaware that our brown series models are made from the identical material Blue Chip uses. The difference? We go much thinner. The model Maury is playing here is our clt-75, which is a standard large triangle at .75 mm thickness. This is one of our top selling models. (FYI, BC stops at 1.0 mm thickness in this shape.)

Thanks Again, My Friend,
Scott

Charmed Life Picks 09-24-2017 12:08 AM

Thanks, Maury. Your OM sounds amazing.

MaurysMusic 09-25-2017 06:13 AM

But wait - there's more! 👍

Charmed Life Picks 09-25-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaurysMusic (Post 5486649)
But wait - there's more! 👍

Wow, cool, thanks so much, Maury.

So what is an Outlaw Martin? Is that standard dread size.

Thank You!
Scott

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales 09-25-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5487192)

Thank You!
Scott

Scott, it's a Custom Shop D-18 (yes, standard size) with hide glue, VTS Adi top, and Brazilian headplate. Full specs are here:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars...rtinoutlaw-17/

MaurysMusic 09-26-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5487192)

Thank You!
Scott

It's my pleasure. Yes sir, standard D. The CS-Outlaw-17 is a guitar that "breaks the rules" Martin has in place, regarding the use of certain materials. For the most part, they force you to "go authentic" to get some of these specs... hence the Outlaw moniker. It's a really nice guitar. :guitar:

Charmed Life Picks 09-27-2017 03:07 PM

Ted & Maury:

Thanks for your data on this model. Very interesting combination of features.

Take care, gents.

sm

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales 09-27-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5489332)
Ted & Maury:

Take care, gents.

sm

Happy to chime in, Scott. ;)

MaurysMusic 09-30-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks (Post 5489332)
Ted & Maury:

Take care, gents.

sm

My pleasure. I just LOVE this pick.

Charmed Life Picks 09-30-2017 02:57 PM

Maury, if you help us any more I'm gonna have to cut you in on some of the profits -- if there were any lol.

Thanks!
Scott